AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've read quite a few people wanting to turn off the rear parksense module, but have not seen where to do it. Can anyone tell me which line needs to be changed?
Under P/T chassis net- PTS parktronics- disable it.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I recently picked up a '17 2500 SLT and have made a few changes so far (DRLs, fog light dropout, splash screen) and most of them have worked.
I'm having problems with a "Parking Light out" right now after I put in my projector lights w/ HIDs and aftermarket LED taillights.

I changed the following to LED present, did I miss one? I did change all these a few days ago and just installed the lights last night.

Car configuration change: LED Reverse Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Stop Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Rear Turn Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Tail Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED License Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Front Turn Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Low Beam Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED High Beam Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Front Park/Marker Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Dedicated DRL Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED CHMSL Lamp Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You need a Pac BCI-CH41, or a Tazer, for nav in-motion.

Bob

On the Tazer, the price is the obstacle - $300 is a bit steep. Although, the nav disabled is really starting to bug me. Not sure if it bugs me $300 worth yet though.

It also adds some other stuff that we can do with Alfa (a small subset of common tasks ie led, backup cam, tire size, tpms stuff, etc), and a few other things like brake line lock for instance, but one that does stand out is it allows side mirror auto fold/unfold on shutdown/startup we can't do with Alfa, IF you leave the Tazer in the OBD plug. I already have PowerAmp Steps controller plugged in there, (Plus the Tazer unit is kinda long, it would jut out/down into the footwell more than I would like it appears) but I suppose I could add one of those inline bypass cables to add a 2nd OBD port.

Oh it also can disable Sirius Weather warnings, which can get annoying at times b/c they keep coming up over and over sometimes. It also appears to do Global Windows UP from the keyfob which we can'd do with Alfa either.

Does it sound like I am trying to talk myself into buying one lol...

EDIT - Actually it's $249, not sure if the price dropped or I misread it last time I looked, but I though it was $299 before.

Last edited:

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
. I already have PowerAmp Steps controller plugged in there, (Plus the Tazer unit is kinda long, it would jut out/down into the footwell more than I would like it appears) but I suppose I could add one of those inline bypass cables to add a 2nd OBD port.

I have the PowerAmps steps and also the AMP OBD inline bypass. That works fine!

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the PowerAmps steps and also the AMP OBD inline bypass. That works fine!

I looked at this since I have to unplug anytime I use the Alfa - but was surprised at the cost of it, since Amazon has a whole page of them for $10-20.

Does it mount/snap into the factory location or is it just a universal bracket setup?

EDIT - RamTazer has one that snaps into the factory location it appears...

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/obdii-t-harness/

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked at this since I have to unplug anytime I use the Alfa - but was surprised at the cost of it, since Amazon has a whole page of them for $10-20.

Does it mount/snap into the factory location or is it just a universal bracket setup?

It is definitely a good quality bypass! It mounts in the factory location but the stock bolt on my 2016 RAM is quite weak. Whenever you plug/ unplug a ODB there you have to be careful.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the Tazer, the price is the obstacle - $300 is a bit steep. Although, the nav disabled is really starting to bug me. Not sure if it bugs me $300 worth yet though.

It also adds some other stuff that we can do with Alfa (a small subset of common tasks ie led, backup cam, tire size, tpms stuff, etc), and a few other things like brake line lock for instance, but one that does stand out is it allows side mirror auto fold/unfold on shutdown/startup we can't do with Alfa, IF you leave the Tazer in the OBD plug. I already have PowerAmp Steps controller plugged in there, (Plus the Tazer unit is kinda long, it would jut out/down into the footwell more than I would like it appears) but I suppose I could add one of those inline bypass cables to add a 2nd OBD port.

Oh it also can disable Sirius Weather warnings, which can get annoying at times b/c they keep coming up over and over sometimes. It also appears to do Global Windows UP from the keyfob which we can'd do with Alfa either.

Does it sound like I am trying to talk myself into buying one lol...

EDIT - Actually it's $249, not sure if the price dropped or I misread it last time I looked, but I though it was $299 before.
There's also this Nav in motion box, for $149 (cheaper on eBay):

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/ite...ep-Navigation-and-Video-Bypass-VIMCF-93C.html

Bob

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered the modules and window switch to finish my powerfold chrome mirror upgrade. I have already used alfaobd to activate tilt in reverse, auto dim, mirror turn signals, and puddle lights. Will there be anything else I need to activate after in install the new modules??? Any tips, pointers, etc. for installing them???

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the modules and window switch to finish my powerfold chrome mirror upgrade. I have already used alfaobd to activate tilt in reverse, auto dim, mirror turn signals, and puddle lights. Will there be anything else I need to activate after in install the new modules??? Any tips, pointers, etc. for installing them???
Nope, Just install the door modules and master switch and enable the power fold code and you should be set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope, Just install the door modules and master switch and enable the power fold code and you should be set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What's the procedure for the power fold.... I don't see it in the list of known working codes???

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My OBDLink MX+ arrived and I've downloaded the OBDLink app on my phone. I have the AlfaOBD software on my PC as well; but wanted to test out initial connectivity.

The MX+ connects with my phone and app perfectly; but I keep getting an OBD protocol error. I have no idea what to do now. I've tried troubleshooting it; but so far nothing.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this question is for anyone who has successfully tried or has a vast knowledge of alfahaOBD capabilities.
I am seriously looking into going to the e-fan route. Acquiring the part from 09 to 2012 6-cylinder donor truck.
So here's the question: Can AlfaOBD be used to reset the temperature values? If so what are the steps?
I think and e-fan swap would be an amazing video If tied into AlfaOBD.

Thanks in Advanced, Adam

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My OBDLink MX+ arrived and I've downloaded the OBDLink app on my phone. I have the AlfaOBD software on my PC as well; but wanted to test out initial connectivity.

The MX+ connects with my phone and app perfectly; but I keep getting an OBD protocol error. I have no idea what to do now. I've tried troubleshooting it; but so far nothing.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=123982&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

@Ghost_RAM explains it way better than I could [emoji23]
Sorry Chris wrong link. Go to post #3827 in this thread.

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So this question is for anyone who has successfully tried or has a vast knowledge of alfahaOBD capabilities.
I am seriously looking into going to the e-fan route. Acquiring the part from 09 to 2012 6-cylinder donor truck.
So here's the question: Can AlfaOBD be used to reset the temperature values? If so what are the steps?

Thanks in Advanced, Adam

I wish we could but that function is controlled by the PCM I believe, which is why everyone says you need a tuner to change the fan temps.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thanks in Advanced, Adam

i have done the swap to e-fan and 180° T-stat from all that i have read there is no way to
set the on / off fan settings with alfaobd..

ALSO

do not buy a diablosport 7320 even though their page says you can adjust the fan settings
with that unit with their canned tunes.. YOU CAN NOT!!! you will need a custom tune in order
to adjust the fan with that unit....

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have done the swap to e-fan and 180° T-stat from all that i have read there is no way to
set the on / off fan settings with alfaobd..

ALSO

do not buy a diablosport 7320 even though their page says you can adjust the fan settings
with that unit with their canned tunes.. YOU CAN NOT!!! you will need a custom tune in order
to adjust the fan with that unit....
That was the conclusion I came to also.
I was throwing that question out there in the hopes that one of you guys were a magician LOL [emoji23]