AlfaOBD

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Ghost_RAM, Jul 30, 2018.

1. 1500ram12

1500ram12 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    With as many options as there is already to have mileage changed I'm not concerned about this. Hell you can just toss in a cluster with less mileage if you wanted to. Him giving us the ability too, really changes nothing but keeping a few bucks in our pockets if we swap to the premium cluster. This way you can accurately change mileage, engine hours and idle hours without guessing and sending it off to someone else to program it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gibbs and bhiii like this.
  2. radkawi

radkawi Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    HEMI 5.7
    Just got this from Alexey:

Sorry! I had a feeling that I have missed something... I
    will add Veh.config 4 in the next update.

Best regards,
    Alexey

kad, AndyT, Mpgrimm2 and 2 others like this.
  3. WilliamS

WilliamS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Pin code access please!!!!! Even if it requires a token of some sort

4. Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    from what I was able to gather in research it was a feature that Chrysler decided to turn off that's why I was wondering if the alpha OBD was able to reactivate it

5. Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi

this s my way of thinking, I have found a few clusters for mine but passed once I found out that the average cost was $150
    to correct the mileage..

rmoyer72, 1500ram12 and AndyT like this.
  6. AndyT

AndyT Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ecodiesel
    There's ways to do it now, they're just not accessible to everyone. It will cost me around $200 to have mine sent somewhere to have the job done

I have a gas cluster that works fine in my diesel truck but won't show any diesel messages. The odometer is off and that's the only reason I haven't installed it.

If I had a way to change the odometer without spending a couple hundred it would be done. The odometer is stored on the PCM and the IP so if it was irresponsibly changed to a fake value it's still going to be correct on the PCM.

My take on it if you want it changed that bad you can buy a different cluster with a lower milage and just put it in.. the typical Joe wouldn't know it was ever swapped.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Gibbs likes this.
  7. AndyT

AndyT Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ecodiesel
    Also emailed him before seeing the forum. Good to know he's already on-top of the issue

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

STecoD likes this.
  8. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'm not sure why they would turn off a feature in some trucks and not others. Many people bought 2015 and up trucks with the RA2 and the compass button worked perfectly. I remember the dealers trying to fix the issue but when they couldn't they just did the whole it's not supposed to work excuse to get rid of people. I personally think it was some type of programming issue and the dealers just didn't want to deal with it. I had three guys at work who bought trucks with the RA2. Im positive two were15's and I believe the other was a 16 and they all worked and my 14 also worked. It's all controlled by the compass module in the overhead console which also puts the compass display on th he EVIC and that all seemed to still work fine on the trucks that had the problem. The problem was some trucks wouldn't show it on the radio. I know there were two codes needed to make it all function one is the compass code which I can't remember Chryslers abbreviation for it and the other was the overhead console code which was CV2. I know I have seen the compass heading present option with the alpha tool but I don't think I've seen anything about the overhead console CV2 sales code. One way to check and see if that code is enabled is to install s console with Homelink out of any 13 or newer 4th gen and your Homelink should work plug and play if the CV2 code is present. Either way it wouldn't hurt to take a shot with tool and make sure the compass heading is enabled and see what happens. And msybe try to find other related codes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ramsportrocks likes this.
  9. Ramit2016

Ramit2016 Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Your gas cluster should work just fine in your diesel, including messages and gauges. Only thing you wont have is DEF gauge. I ran a gasser in mine for a while and didn't have any issues.

10. Maligator

Maligator Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hem 5.7
    Have any of you guys encountered a dealer that refuses to give you your PIN for tpmss reset? I recently took my truck in for recalls and requested my pin and the service guy said his techs that have access to the pin won't allow me to have it that only they are allowed to use it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk