AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Question - in AlfaOBD under the Radio Frequency HUB there is a procedure called "Read PIN" that errors out. Is that "supposed" to pull the PIN and just doesn't work or is that for something else that ... doesn't work?

It's possible it's a feature that he's working on or works on another FCA product and doesn't work for ram currently

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone done the aux switch radio controls add on a 2014??? I applied the settings but I still have seen anything show up on my radio or on my EVIC.... wondering which one it will show up on in my truck???

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone done the aux switch radio controls add on a 2014??? I applied the settings but I still have seen anything show up on my radio or on my EVIC.... wondering which one it will show up on in my truck???
You can do this, with Alfa?

Can you reassign the aux buttons, too?

I need to know more. LOL.

Planning on doing this on my 2015.

Bob

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can do this, with Alfa?

Can you reassign the aux buttons, too?

I need to know more. LOL.

Planning on doing this on my 2015.

Bob

Check out this YouTube video from one of our members...

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi ;)

I just failed to activate DRL on my 2017 RAM.

Factory setting were :
DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
DRL Lamp Location: NONE

So I changed them to :
DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
DRL Lamp Location: Turn Signal DRL

Now, DRL are activated on my front turn signal but with full power ( probably 12V instead of the 7V ), and when I activate my turn signal I receive a error message from EVIC saying my REAR turn signal bulb is out .

I believe the problem is coming this LCM module.
I've got this because here in France as you probably know, rear brake and turn lights are separate. I think this module was added for this french conversion.

David.

j9rt.jpg
a few "Q"
one the wiring for that "LCM" where does it go? IE to front lights
was the truck sold NEW OR IMPORTED aftermarket? (gray import)
I would be curious to see the WHOLE dump of a EU sold truck and IF sold new wonder why they did NOT use the RAM BCM to drive rear turn lights as there are rear turn outputs just not wired up and ALPHA shows an option for "american" stop AND turn VS STOP seperate from TURN
curiosity what do EU tails look like for a RAM??

I KNOW Wranglers come both ways depending on market

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just changed my front turn signal bulbs to LED. In AlfaOBD I changed both the LED front turn signal present and LED front park lights present to YES, cleared the stored codes in the BCM, waited 5 minutes then tested them. I'm still getting bulb out warnings for both the front turn signal and park light bulbs.

Is there anything else I can change in AlfaOBD, like turning the front bulb out DTC to off? Or does my truck just not like the LEDs?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I just changed my front turn signal bulbs to LED. In AlfaOBD I changed both the LED front turn signal present and LED front park lights present to YES, cleared the stored codes in the BCM, waited 5 minutes then tested them. I'm still getting bulb out warnings for both the front turn signal and park light bulbs.

Is there anything else I can change in AlfaOBD, like turning the front bulb out DTC to off? Or does my truck just not like the LEDs?

Are you getting hyper flash or just an error?

Try using each one for 15-20 seconds then the 4 ways then clear the codes

Double check that the changes stayed

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Are you getting hyper flash or just an error?

Try using each one for 15-20 seconds then the 4 ways then clear the codes

Double check that the changes stayed

I'm getting hyperflash and the errors. I was trying all combinations of park lights on/off, signals left/right on/off and 4 ways on/off and it seemed happy until I used the signals with the park lights on. Thats when it threw the error and started hyperflashing.

I see that you can disable the rear bulb out warnings but it looks like there isn't an option for the front.

I took a chance on these LEDs but ultimately I think I might have to try a different brand or the so-called CANBUS compatible bulbs.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm getting hyperflash and the errors. I was trying all combinations of park lights on/off, signals left/right on/off and 4 ways on/off and it seemed happy until I used the signals with the park lights on. Thats when it threw the error and started hyperflashing.

I see that you can disable the rear bulb out warnings but it looks like there isn't an option for the front.

I took a chance on these LEDs but ultimately I think I might have to try a different brand or the so-called CANBUS compatible bulbs.

Which bulbs?

And do you have any DRL setup?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

There is a setting under the door module, door adjar something. Check to see if that's enabled. If it is disable it

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LED Reverse Lamps Present: Set
This one I haven't tinkered with but it might just disable warnings for all the rear lighting:
Rear Lighting DTC Disable: Not set

I got the LED Reverse Lamps Present changed to Set, thanks again!!!

I’m still can’t get the Auxiliary Switch CSM To work.... it says I have it set to the 1-4 option but nothing is showing up in my EVIC or in the settings on my radio???

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There is a setting under the door module, door adjar something. Check to see if that's enabled. If it is disable it

I see CBC I/O Usage-Driver Door Ajar Switch Usage. The options are: Disable, Left front lamp diagnostics and Driver digital door ajar.

It was set to disable when I checked.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see CBC I/O Usage-Driver Door Ajar Switch Usage. The options are: Disable, Left front lamp diagnostics and Driver digital door ajar.

Did your truck come with factory projector headlights? or the quad halogens?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the quad halogens.

The front door ajar settings wont affect the lighting monitoring, then.

Another thing you could try: set the voltage targets for left and right front corner, left and right side DRL to 12.2V . Leave the headlights as-is (should be 14.something).

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Another thing you could try: set the voltage targets for left and right front corner, left and right side DRL to 12.2V . Leave the headlights as-is (should be 14.something).

Cool. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
I actually did DRL's months ago, never could get the setting showing on the radio..

Replaced my RA2 with aftermarket+idatlink, DRL option is showed right up with everything else on the new radio. No idea why it refused to show on the RA2. Oh well, goodbye RA2 hated it.

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins

How do we change the voltage settings? After installing hid’s I don’t have drl’s anymore..

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Welp, I tried changing the target voltages to what you suggested but it still throws the bulb out error. I'm guessing my truck just doesn't like the LEDs that are in there. I made a short vid showing what it is doing:

These LEDs are super bright. They are rated at 100lm for the low and 360lm on high. The CANBUS bulbs are rated a lot less.

Oh well. Thank you guys for all of the suggestions!