AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The poster was asking about having the dealer do it, with their own tools or whatever. The dealer is locked into whatever was available for the vehicle's VIN. AlfaOBD can do it regardless.

Im not sure if the VTA was really limited to certain trim levels or not.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The poster was asking about having the dealer do it, with their own tools or whatever. The dealer is locked into whatever was available for the vehicle's VIN. AlfaOBD can do it regardless.

Im not sure if the VTA was really limited to certain trim levels or not.
Yeah... it hit me, after I replied. LOL.

I deleted.

Bob

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
A bit off thread !
A question for the RAM Service Tech's or anyone on here ! I do not have OBD2 and the only thing I want to turn on in my RAM that is :O i the VTA (Vehicle Theft Alarm ) I have seen on here a pic of the set up on the OBD2 so was wondering about the set up at the dealer !
Last time the tech told service writer no suck thing so I would like to know where they can look , so I can tell them if I get another tech saying the same thing !
If it in the OBD 2 like it is I assume it should be in the dealer set up if the trucks computer lets it ? So any info on where the dealer techis to look would be great ! I want to go in well armed with facts lol
I do not feel safe with me using a OBD 2 lol and for the cost if any at dealership it will cost less or 0$ . I do have a good dealership so far :)

Thanks
The sales code for the vehicle theft alarm is LSA. Maybe they misunderstand you when you’re asking about the alarm, but just tell them you want sales code LSA enabled and added to your truck. It may or may not be available for them to add, I’m not sure. I’m also not sure if when they do it, if it requires the proper hood latch to be installed for the hood monitoring.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The sales code for the vehicle theft alarm is LSA. Maybe they misunderstand you when you’re asking about the alarm, but just tell them you want sales code LSA enabled and added to your truck. It may or may not be available for them to add, I’m not sure. I’m also not sure if when they do it, if it requires the proper hood latch to be installed for the hood monitoring.
Thank you that is what I was looking for ! No hood switch on mine, but now at least I can ask them to check that sales code ! FYI I do suck at explaining things lol

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
A bit off thread !
A question for the RAM Service Tech's or anyone on here ! I do not have OBD2 and the only thing I want to turn on in my RAM that is :O i the VTA (Vehicle Theft Alarm ) I have seen on here a pic of the set up on the OBD2 so was wondering about the set up at the dealer !
Last time the tech told service writer no suck thing so I would like to know where they can look , so I can tell them if I get another tech saying the same thing !
If it in the OBD 2 like it is I assume it should be in the dealer set up if the trucks computer lets it ? So any info on where the dealer techis to look would be great ! I want to go in well armed with facts lol
I do not feel safe with me using a OBD 2 lol and for the cost if any at dealership it will cost less or 0$ . I do have a good dealership so far :)

Thanks

It's looks like we have the same truck 2015 v6 (mine is an Express or least started out as one lol!) I just turned on the VTA with alpha myself two weeks ago took 5 minutes. A dealer may not do it if it wasn't part of your VIN build as others have said but honestly I think you are better just doing it yourself with alpha and the ODBMX tool it's really very easy thanks to this thread and a number of YT videos on the net.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
It's looks like we have the same truck 2015 v6 (mine is an Express or least started out as one lol!) I just turned on the VTA with alpha myself two weeks ago took 5 minutes. A dealer may not do it if it wasn't part of your VIN build as others have said but honestly I think you are better just doing it yourself with alpha and the ODBMX tool it's really very easy thanks to this thread and a number of YT videos on the net.
Thanks, I have a SLT Model and was a Rental. I though it worked before but I may be wrong lol.. I have been thinking of the OBD but all I want right now is the Theft Alarm w/o spending 300$ on aftermarket !( Yes they are better ) Wish someone in Maine had the OBD2 and I would hit them up and chuck a few $$ their way or buy lunch ! :)

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Thanks, I have a SLT Model and was a Rental. I though it worked before but I may be wrong lol.. I have been thinking of the OBD but all I want right now is the Theft Alarm w/o spending 300$ on aftermarket !( Yes they are better ) Wish someone in Maine had the OBD2 and I would hit them up and chuck a few $$ their way or buy lunch ! :)

You might want to try posting in the "wanted" area on the main page that you need someone in your area with alpha to help you out with the VTA free lunch included! I would be happy to help and I love to drive my Ram but CA to Maine and back is a little too far for me lol!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
You might want to try posting in the "wanted" area on the main page that you need someone in your area with alpha to help you out with the VTA free lunch included! I would be happy to help and I love to drive my Ram but CA to Maine and back is a little too far for me lol!
That is a great idea :) Thanks. And yes I think it would be way more then a day trip from Ca to Me lol

AlwaysSomethin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram
Engine
5.7L
Slightly off topic, going to play the ram shortly, I tossed an HID kit in the GFs 2018 300s (security bypass, AlfaOBD) figuring itd be as simple as setting HID as "yes" and letting it go. Failed miserably. :( I tried that, theyd try to ignite and die, tried bi-xenon, nothing, did LED and they'd work a few, then die (PWM I'd assume). Anyone have any advice to offer here? Sorry it's not a ram. I'm gonna screw that up here shortly! :anitoof:

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Public Service Announcement

If you're one of these people, I would like to take a moment and plead with you to please stop stealing from the developer. The below screenshots are taken from Facebook this morning with a gentleman trying to defend someone with the "renting" out a tablet that has AlfaOBD software on it and profiting from someone else's work. I know there are people out there that help others out (they do not charge) and I also know others that have bought the software after making sure something would work for them. However, to profit off someone else's work who has been as helpful and gracious as the developer has been in the past year getting everything working for us for as LITTLE as this has cost is simply a slap in the face to both him and all those who have helped out.

I know for some of you out there this doesn't seem like a big deal. I for one have known Android developers and the many hours they spend between working on their apps and trying to make everyone happy. Most of them do it because it is something they love to do and it also helps put food on their tables and pay their light bills.

I for one would like AlfaOBD development to continue to get better but it is **** like this has made some developers walk away entirely... I hesitated even saying anything at all but like I said I'm hoping I will be able to get through to the ones doing this and bring a stop to it before we potentially lose an amazing app or at the very least get it VIN locked but honestly, maybe that isn't a bad idea either.

View attachment 156713 View attachment 156714 View attachment 156715 View attachment 156716
I applaud your effort to manage that buffoon. Its pretty funny how he reuses your own digs at him. "******"lol. Dude couldnt defend himself and was just backpedaling. Sad thing is its more up to us to keep these guys at alpha going than the tards pirateing software. The dumbies outnumber us by.....idk 25:1?

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really? Wow. First time I've heard anyone complain about it other than people who want a big lift.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Lol, i was all excited about it until i owned it for all of 3 days, so yeah. Airlift HD bags, compressor, and remote receiver. Loved it in my '13

David_fr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
a few "Q"
one the wiring for that "LCM" where does it go? IE to front lights
was the truck sold NEW OR IMPORTED aftermarket? (gray import)
I would be curious to see the WHOLE dump of a EU sold truck and IF sold new wonder why they did NOT use the RAM BCM to drive rear turn lights as there are rear turn outputs just not wired up and ALPHA shows an option for "american" stop AND turn VS STOP seperate from TURN
curiosity what do EU tails look like for a RAM??

I KNOW Wranglers come both ways depending on market

Sorry for the late answer, too much work here ..

The truck came as new. But RAM are not sold officially here in poor Europe, so I think FCA never make the BCM ready to drive the rear light in european mode.

I'll have to take some pictures or a video to show you how my tails lights works.

STOP/TURN lights became STOP only lights
REVERSE lights became turn lights ( with orange bulb )

And a additional led light bar is added over the license plate and is use both for REVERSE light ( white ) and REAR-FOG light ( red )

Kyle_Sir

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are we able to adjust mileage and hours on the 7" EVIC when doing a cluster swap?

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the late answer, too much work here ..

The truck came as new. But RAM are not sold officially here in poor Europe, so I think FCA never make the BCM ready to drive the rear light in european mode.

I'll have to take some pictures or a video to show you how my tails lights works.

STOP/TURN lights became STOP only lights
REVERSE lights became turn lights ( with orange bulb )

And a additional led light bar is added over the license plate and is use both for REVERSE light ( white ) and REAR-FOG light ( red )

thanks I used to have a Malibu that was converted the same way you describe reverse lamps as turn and fog/reverse lights under rear bumper

in AUS they sell the RAM with "EU" tails and the BCM is "universal" and SHOULD have the rear brake lights output that is seperate from the turn outputs
if it does not you could use the "capper CHML" flying lead under the truck for brakes

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks I used to have a Malibu that was converted the same way you describe reverse lamps as turn and fog/reverse lights under rear bumper

in AUS they sell the RAM with "EU" tails and the BCM is "universal" and SHOULD have the rear brake lights output that is seperate from the turn outputs
if it does not you could use the "capper CHML" flying lead under the truck for brakes
Ram-3500-pickup-truck-g2.jpg

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Has anyone here tried to use Alpha to change the auto off features of the cargo camera? I used Alpha to turn it on as an option for my 2018 radio in my 2015 Express and I am using it as a front camera and it works great but was hoping to change how long it will stay on for. I've looked I can't find any settings other then enabling it or not.

Update: Here is what is says in the 2018 Manual I download about how it works:

Cargo Camera.jpg

Last edited:

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m in some serious need of help guys!
2015 Dodge Ram. Purchased a 2013 7” Evic to swap. Odometer, idle and hours will not change no matter what I do. I tried different versions of alfaobd and no luck. Currently using an android phone and a veepeak obd. Any help would be much appreciated!

Jeff Krawczyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I did post about this a bit ago and still can not find it...I can not find the odometer correction in the app anywhere...I found engine hours and idle hours but where the odometer correction is supposed to be it is not...was told that the earlier version you could not change it but it looks like the app was updated in NOV. I have watched multiple vids on it and it's just not on the app...is there anything you could think of to do to update the app or ????