AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So done a bunch of searching, I have alpharex lights and am trying to get rid of the parking light out error on my 2019 classic. Anyone have a list of settings to change to correct the issue? I've found some stuff, but a single list of settings would be great. Thanks in advance.

Alpharex lights have been slightly problematic with the parking light out message. Alfaobd is hit or miss with them.

But, these are what you'll need to change

CBC FEATURES-LED Front turn
CBC FEATURES-LED Front park

Farther down in the list, I don't recall what they are off hand, you'll see some other settings related to lighting. They'll say diagnostics at the end. You can try disabling them also

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alpharex lights have been slightly problematic with the parking light out message. Alfaobd is hit or miss with them.

But, these are what you'll need to change

CBC FEATURES-LED Front turn
CBC FEATURES-LED Front park

Farther down in the list, I don't recall what they are off hand, you'll see some other settings related to lighting. They'll say diagnostics at the end. You can try disabling them also

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250
Thanks, I set both of those to led the door ajar and some others. The problem initially went away after the changes. Then came back the next start up. However, I just went for a drive and checked again, manually turning the lights on and using the light sensor on the dash for automatic. So far, the error is staying off. We'll see what happens later tonight on my way to work.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Needing some help from Alpha OBD experts here lol. I'm debating buying and using the software to track down my HVAC issues. I have no Heat on the passenger side and believe its the rear blend door actuator. Some have told me I can use Alpha to run diagnostics on the HVAC controller and see what might be wrong. I have a ELM 327 Mini laying around that I believe would work but not sure if it will do everything I want it to.

So three questions really;

1. Can Alpha OBD help me track down my issue?
2. Will the ELM 327 mini work for my needs, or at all?
3. How exactly do I work the software on PC to my need?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Thx Lawsuit...Followed your directions (using Windows 10 tho') and setup up 2 fobiks...Lock/Unlock/Panic/Remote Start/Global Windows Down ALL worked like a CHAMP...Just need keys cut now...

rixter99
2014 RAM 3500/LB/SRW/4WD/Front & Rear Ranch Hand Bumpers

20131500MSM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hi all,

My truck has been having issues as of recent with shifting, and i contacted transengineer on the other forums to see what i should do, and he told me that if everything looks good then the only thing left to do is perform a PCM reset that can only be done by the dealer.

I looked in Alfa and noticed a “PCM reset” option and i was wondering if i hit it that itd do any damage or reset it to where the truck doesn’t work anymore? any help anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, hello everyone. I have a rather stupid question, but I'll ask you anyway. I bought myself OBDLink MX +. And I want to buy the alfaOBD program, but I have a lot of cars. 2006 Lexus RX350. 2018 Dodge Ram 1500. 2018 Ford mustang. Tell me. Is it a DOdge ram only program? or can I see and diagnose my other cars as well?

Alpha is ONLY FCA so JEEP DODGE FIAT Alfa ETC
there is VAGCOM for "***" Volkswagen group
and FOPRSCAN for ford and some Mazda vehicles
both of those allow as much as AlphaOBD and in some ways are MORE POWERFUL by allowing "long coding" where you directly can modify registers in the ECM - the common way to "modify" BMW vehicles
there is also "auto ingenuity" that has modules for most brands BUT that software is NOT the most reliable and has "scrambled" ecms and required dealer reflashing ( mine was never the same and I had to use Alpha to fix it)

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys!!
I'm fairly familiar with the 2013 plus trucks.
But I need the Guru for a 2011.
Guy added heated seats and steering wheel.
Can't get them working..
Also added a factory Sub.. again.. no dice.
Switches, front doors and modules switched.
I've only been able to get the tow mirrors working.
The mirrors will fold, but only with the 2017 door module, BUT when using this new module we loose the ability the roll down the windows..
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
**I did post in the 08-12 ram page

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

ram5thwheel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins HO
If I have missed an answer to this question, I apologize. In my 2019 Laramie I have the DRL's enabled from the factory but in looking at my config file, the DRL Dropout Enabled: is set to NO. In the information referring to enabling the DRL's, the setup up for this has YES as the recommended setting.
Can someone explain what change I would see if I turned this to YES on my truck.
Thanks in advance for a response.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh I've watched a bunch of these video's. That's why I bought the damn thing. Since I am in Canada it seems getting response from US vendor's has been at best lacking! ODB help / chat line's are only open when I am at work - and work seems to be more important than play time. Essential services don't get no down time during this Pandemic!!
I will keep trying on my own to figure this out.
Thanks>
Send me a pm and I can try and help you out .
I’m in Alberta so we should be pretty close to the same time zone
Cheers

Rambrawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello. I am having an issue trying to correct mileage on a 7 in evic that I picked up. I am using the mx reader and used both android and windows version of alpha with no luck. Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction?

Dannyn_01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hello. I am having an issue trying to correct mileage on a 7 in evic that I picked up. I am using the mx reader and used both android and windows version of alpha with no luck. Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction?

what issue are you having?

Rambrawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what issue are you having?

It won't take the mileage. Alpha says it work and let vehicle sit. The dash flashes and blinks. I got the idle and engine hours to work. I heard that the Bluetooth maybe too slow.

atech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing I found when programming my 2015 Kilometer cluster. The milage has to be entered in miles. Calculate your kilometers to miles (km x 0.6214 = miles), then enter that value in AlfaOBD. The new milage displayed then comes up in km.

Rambrawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in the US so it is miles. It says it worked but the new mileage is not there. I have tried it several times and several ways with no luck.

Rambrawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I tried all of that before with no luck. Maybe it's a timing issue.

atech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watch "AlfaOBD 7 inch EVIC Odometer Correction Engine and Idle Hours Fix Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500" on YouTube

Georgeoctavio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Good morning everyone!

I purchased a set or Morimoto XB's LF520 (The ones attached below)
Morimoto® LF520 - XB™ Black DRL Bar Projector LED Headlights with Sequential Turn Signal (carid.com)

I just purchased AlfaOBD and the OBDLink MX+ to get started on the issues needed to be corrected after the install.

My Vehicle: RAM 2015 Eco-Diesel Limited

Issues after install: Hyperflash on the turn signals with turn signal error messages, Low beams will intermittently turn-off and error messages occur as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For all of the AlfaOBD gurus that are on this thread and again I thank you immensely what are the changes I need to make on the program to fix these errors I'm having.

I also learned about that dang PWM that's causing these issues and also I didn't use the resistors for the headlights since AlfaOBD can clear these issues and I hid those wires like a pro and I really don't want to remove them.

Thanks again for any assistance and help from everyone!

wjbigrob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning. I was wondering if anyone has had success in turning the side view mirror turn signal into a side marker. I have a ‘13 2500. I have changed Obd to yes on both the CBC features and CBC config. Still not working. Any one with success???

i guess same question goes with drl. I followed instructions I found on this thread. And it didn’t work for me. Optional drl to select bulb. Etc. Any thoughts on this one too? Thank you

Last edited: