AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deane10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I am looking to make some changes to my 2021 Ram 2500 using the AlfaOBD software. Specifically I would like to Auto-Fold the mirrors when in Park and Auto-Unfold when put into drive. I searched around and didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Sorry if I missed it. There is a tazer or something like that that does this by just plugging it in. I do not want something plugged into my OBD Permanently...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am looking to make some changes to my 2021 Ram 2500 using the AlfaOBD software. Specifically I would like to Auto-Fold the mirrors when in Park and Auto-Unfold when put into drive. I searched around and didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Sorry if I missed it. There is a tazer or something like that that does this by just plugging it in. I do not want something plugged into my OBD Permanently...

Thanks in advance for the help!
Can’t be done with AlfaOBD. Look at it this way: the switch for the power folding mirrors is always hot, even when the truck is off. It is also inches away from your index finger when opening door after shutting the truck off.

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
2010 ram i understand if i enable Police Lighting Feature ill be able to dim my cluster display down to almost nothing , but it will also disable the locking power doors , is there a way to have cluster/dash lights dim more then regular while keeping the power locks enabled ?

Last edited:

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I forgot how to get to the battery reading in Alpha...
Some readout told you when it was getting near it's life end???

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i got another 1500 2021 classic reg cab , will alfaOBD work on it ?
i want to add
1 signal/heated/power folder mirrors
2 auto dim rear view mirror
3 remote start
4 audio controls to steering
5 sun visor with lights

Golfanatic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Hello! I am new here and honestly just want to borrow an AlphaOBD app and OBD scanner from someone in GA. I just installed the OEM brake controller so I can pull a camper and I called every dealership and they want $150-$175 labor to change the below 4 settings...

ALFA OBD Selection menu
CustSet menu 2 - Trailer Selected CSM
CustSet menu 2 - Trailer Name CSM
CustSet menu 2 - Trailer Type CSM
P/T Chassis Net - ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module

Anybody local and can help me out?

marine6212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello! I am new here and honestly just want to borrow an AlphaOBD app and OBD scanner from someone in GA. I just installed the OEM brake controller so I can pull a camper and I called every dealership and they want $150-$175 labor to change the below 4 settings...

ALFA OBD Selection menu

Where at in GA? I'm in Houston County.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
i got another 1500 2021 classic reg cab , will alfaOBD work on it ?
i want to add
1 signal/heated/power folder mirrors
2 auto dim rear view mirror
3 remote start
4 audio controls to steering
5 sun visor with lights
I don't think so, but could be wrong. I've seen posts where it does with marginal success. Post one on this thread has info. Could google Alpha OBD and ask the developer, he's pretty responsive.

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think so, but could be wrong. I've seen posts where it does with marginal success. Post one on this thread has info. Could google Alpha OBD and ask the developer, he's pretty responsive.
already regretting getting this new Ram

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
already regretting getting this new Ram
items 2-4 should be able to do w/o Alpha OBD. Not sure about factory auto-dim mirror, but the should okay with install all it needs is power. May not do much if rear glass has heavy tint; dealer can install MOPAR remote smart kit, surprised they didn't try to sell that along the add-ons they try to sell while waiting for whatever they're doing in the back office; MOPAR has kits for the steering wheel controls, check availability for MY, but will work with UConnect 5.0, 8.4A and 8.4AN, not sure if you have the big 12 in screen; sun viosr with vanity lighting could be a little leg work. Depends if the harness is already installed (tucked up under the headliner and will have to pull it down to some degree to check, otherwise you'll have to wire up some leads and tap into power somewhere; likely need alpha OBD for folding mirrors, plus all the other stuff. The factory powered mirrors aren't cheap, need to pull the door panels and see if you have, or need, the right modules, and the switch panel, etc. Couple of aftermarket sorts, like Infotainment, sells kits too; pricey though.

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
items 2-4 should be able to do w/o Alpha OBD. Not sure about factory auto-dim mirror, but the should okay with install all it needs is power. May not do much if rear glass has heavy tint; dealer can install MOPAR remote smart kit, surprised they didn't try to sell that along the add-ons they try to sell while waiting for whatever they're doing in the back office; MOPAR has kits for the steering wheel controls, check availability for MY, but will work with UConnect 5.0, 8.4A and 8.4AN, not sure if you have the big 12 in screen; sun viosr with vanity lighting could be a little leg work. Depends if the harness is already installed (tucked up under the headliner and will have to pull it down to some degree to check, otherwise you'll have to wire up some leads and tap into power somewhere; likely need alpha OBD for folding mirrors, plus all the other stuff. The factory powered mirrors aren't cheap, need to pull the door panels and see if you have, or need, the right modules, and the switch panel, etc. Couple of aftermarket sorts, like Infotainment, sells kits too; pricey though.
yeah i already replaced power folding(towing) mirrors on my 2013 , but it already had OEM one to stat with
for the 2021 looking at it , i need the switch,modules and programing and hopefully wires are already there

remote start they want to charge $1100

planing to sell the truck with only 240 miles on it , and get in line for a TRX

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
$1100 for remote start? The kit is like $200+. Dealer offered to throw it at no cost if I would buy the undercoating "deal." No, no, no, no! Good luck on the TRX. I'd like to have one the Hennessey TRXs, but just don't have the kind of money. Trucks are already astronomically high.

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

ALFA OBD Selection menu

What part of GA? I’m in Dekalb County

itzmillertyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does anyone know if you can get 1 touch window "up" feature for a ram regular cab? I know these are only set as auto down. Just wondering if there's a mod for the 1 touch auto up

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does anyone know if you can get 1 touch window "up" feature for a ram regular cab? I know these are only set as auto down. Just wondering if there's a mod for the 1 touch auto up
Nope safety thing I guess

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello all, anyone know if its possible to program out the 'parking light out' alert? i just swapped in a 7" EVIC and it is going non stop (all light options are set to LED and are functional)

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello all, anyone know if its possible to program out the 'parking light out' alert? i just swapped in a 7" EVIC and it is going non stop (all light options are set to LED and are functional)
Have you check all of the settings are enabled for led in the status Id check just to make sure? I had that issue and I thought I changed them all but the bcm didn’t take 1 of them and I went back and RE enabled it and the alert message went off

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Have you check all of the settings are enabled for led in the status Id check just to make sure? I had that issue and I thought I changed them all but the bcm didn’t take 1 of them and I went back and RE enabled it and the alert message went off
I can always double check to make sure they took. Any chance you remember which one caused the issue?