AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ImaginThat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i got it figured out.

it appeared that the enable DRL setting under Program Customer Features did not take.
I went back under Program Customer Features, Daytime Running Lamps, selected enable and then start.

after that, I have the DRL setting under lighting on my screen

Check to make sure they work, I went back in and changed the DRL Configuration from Canada to Optional and viola they can be turned off now in the radio. See post 6237

Also disabled the Fog Drop with High Beams while I was in there :)

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Check to make sure they work, I went back in and changed the DRL Configuration from Canada to Optional and viola they can be turned off now in the radio. See post 6237

Also disabled the Fog Drop with High Beams while I was in there :)
Do the seat belt charm as well!

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Gave up waiting to find my MX, so I broke down and tried a few things with the old clone adapter I had kicking about.

I connected the junkyard pull auto dimming mirror with auto high beams then tried to program.

Auto dimming mirror worked on the first attempt after waiting just a few minutes with my RA2, and as a bonus the radio will boot to the temp screen if that's where it last was.

Tried the auto high beam and it seemed to do something right away. Got the ability to enable/disable in the radio, and observed the active/inactive when trying to activate high beams. Unfortunately as soon as it goes active it turns off the high beams, even with no interior or exterior lights and the vehicle in gear. Need to test on the back roads and read up on expectations I guess.

Tried to go from Canadian DRLs to Optional. Tried a few cycles and verified the setting were updated but it didn't seem to provide an option to enable/disable.

Big shout out to Ghost Ram and the others for the cheat sheet.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gave up waiting to find my MX, so I broke down and tried a few things with the old clone adapter I had kicking about.

I connected the junkyard pull auto dimming mirror with auto high beams then tried to program.

Auto dimming mirror worked on the first attempt after waiting just a few minutes with my RA2, and as a bonus the radio will boot to the temp screen if that's where it last was.

Tried the auto high beam and it seemed to do something right away. Got the ability to enable/disable in the radio, and observed the active/inactive when trying to activate high beams. Unfortunately as soon as it goes active it turns off the high beams, even with no interior or exterior lights and the vehicle in gear. Need to test on the back roads and read up on expectations I guess.

Tried to go from Canadian DRLs to Optional. Tried a few cycles and verified the setting were updated but it didn't seem to provide an option to enable/disable.

Big shout out to Ghost Ram and the others for the cheat sheet.
Did you install an auto high beam mirror that has the extra light sensor like this one?dc988fed576e5697457681db59bc6cf2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you install an auto high beam mirror that has the extra light sensor like this one?dc988fed576e5697457681db59bc6cf2.jpg

What part of that, is the extra light sensor?

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Plus the Auto High Beams Don’t work until driving at speed. Above 15 I think. It’s been awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plus the Auto High Beams Don’t work until driving at speed. Above 15 I think. It’s been awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes when you have it on auto high beam the high beams will not work unless you're at a certain speed depending on light conditions. The darker it is the lower speed they will turn on. If it's pitch black outside they will turn on between 12 and 15 miles per hour or so on my truck. When there's a lot of street lights or it's bright outside sometimes I have to get up to around 35 miles an hour for the high beams to turn on. Also your headlights have to be in the auto position in order for them to work.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do they go off automatically once below 15mph? I have not noticed that behavior, seems odd they would only let them come on at a certain speed but stay on even below that speed.

I have to say Im quite happy with how they work. They turn on and off at basically the exact same locations that my wife's Lexus auto high beams do.

I imagine they might work differently if I change my headlights to something else, I wonder if there is a calibration procedure to fix that.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do they go off automatically once below 15mph? I have not noticed that behavior, seems odd they would only let them come on at a certain speed but stay on even below that speed.

I have to say Im quite happy with how they work. They turn on and off at basically the exact same locations that my wife's Lexus auto high beams do.

I imagine they might work differently if I change my headlights to something else, I wonder if there is a calibration procedure to fix that.
No they turn on at around 15mph depending on light conditions. Mine turn back to low beam when I come to a stop. I did see a calibration section for the AHBM but never tried to change any settings on mine. It works fine the way it's now.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine

That looks like the one I have installed. It was a junkyard pull by someone else so it may not even work, but this is likely an operator issue.

The auto beam option was preset on my drive this morning, but it was daylight. When I turned on the headlights and tried to enable the option again I didn't get a message on the cluster like I did last night and the Highbeam switch function just toggled them on or off rather than showing messages.

On a better note as hoped the option for DTRL control was preset when I started the truck this morning, so another of the time is needed examples. The radio didn't reboot before it showed up, and the button functions as expected.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
No they turn on at around 15mph depending on light conditions. Mine turn back to low beam when I come to a stop. I did see a calibration section for the AHBM but never tried to change any settings on mine. It works fine the way it's now.

I suspected that might be the expected behaviour, I've driven a few vehicles with the feature and some have speed or wiper settings or limitations.

I'm not going to be worried until it's had a few days and I have been able to test out of town on a lonley back road.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks like the one I have installed. It was a junkyard pull by someone else so it may not even work, but this is likely an operator issue.

The auto beam option was preset on my drive this morning, but it was daylight. When I turned on the headlights and tried to enable the option again I didn't get a message on the cluster like I did last night and the Highbeam switch function just toggled them on or off rather than showing messages.

On a better note as hoped the option for DTRL control was preset when I started the truck this morning, so another of the time is needed examples. The radio didn't reboot before it showed up, and the button functions as expected.
Also remember the headlights need to be in auto setting in order for the auto high beam to function and it needs to be dark outside.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Good stuff, we just enabled auto highbeam on the charger.
Im always in auto, so today with only one key cycle it came up.
Does the lever need to be set in the highbeam position as well as selected in uconnect?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good stuff, we just enabled auto highbeam on the charger.
Im always in auto, so today with only one key cycle it came up.
Does the lever need to be set in the highbeam position as well as selected in uconnect?
Yes... at least on the Ram trucks you do.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine

When I pointed out to a Volvo service writer it was a PITA to find driveways on backroads when the highbbeams switched off they said something about safety approaching intersections due to vehicles approaching at angles or grades and comfort approaching your home.

So far all the brands I've driven let the flash/high on hold switch function.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
Also remember the headlights need to be in auto setting in order for the auto high beam to function and it needs to be dark outside.

Can't remember what I never knew! Lines up with today's observations perfectly, and gives me hope it worked right away last night.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those on the DRL kick, the DRL Dropout does indeed toggle the DRL when the turn signal is active. In my case, I have my high beams set as DRL, and I can confirm that the setting does work. I would also imagine it will work with low beams as DRL. However, with turn signal set to DRL... well it stands to reason that the turn signal will still be a turn signal, and flash. As far as fog lights as DRL, I will try to find time later this afternoon to mess with it and see how those react, but my gut tells me that the dropout will only be effective with either high or low beams set as DRL.

Okay... so I'm not a RAM owner, but I have a 2015 Hellcat Charger.

I'm trying to disable the DRL Droput, when I use the turn signal (I think this is a Canadian carryover to U.S. spec vehicles), so the DRL remains on, when the signals are used.

Running through the menu options, I get to:

CBC Features- DRL Dropout Enabled
Select value:
No
Yes

I'm guessing I would want to select No, to defeat DRL dropout? Any other Charger owners, on this thread with input?

I'll be working on this, this weekend.

New to the game, so proceeding with caution. I've already uploaded my OEM configuration to Google Drive, so I'm ready to get things done :)

Thanks for any feedback.

Bob

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat