AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xargon321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
would like to chime in here to say that i did the 7" evic and 8.4 uconnect conversion both out of the 2018 diesel, and would like to add that the radio fuse for the diesel is not by the Brake m/c its on the right had side near the firewall near the washer tank, also programming the evic is a bit different too just do it while the key is off alfaobd tells you to turn the key on then hit ok, just ignore that and click ok it will finish just fine that way do you get the correct mileage and hours

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
would like to chime in here to say that i did the 7" evic and 8.4 uconnect conversion both out of the 2018 diesel, and would like to add that the radio fuse for the diesel is not by the Brake m/c its on the right had side near the firewall near the washer tank, also programming the evic is a bit different too just do it while the key is off alfaobd tells you to turn the key on then hit ok, just ignore that and click ok it will finish just fine that way do you get the correct mileage and hours
Thank you for this sir!

hougie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Evening guys. I bought an rke off Amazon and programmed it with alfaobd, turns out I don't need it as others now work for remote start.Is it possible to wipe it so I can return it without feeling guilty? I seen some posts in 200 page area but noone had a definite answer then

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Evening guys. I bought an rke off Amazon and programmed it with alfaobd, turns out I don't need it as others now work for remote start.Is it possible to wipe it so I can return it without feeling guilty? I seen some posts in 200 page area but noone had a definite answer then
No, you can’t erase a fob with alfa.

rocket61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rocket....you do not have the CSM to turn the DRL's "on" or "off" because you have the DRL Configuration setting set for CANADIAN. DRL's are mandatory in Canada and therefore when set to the CANADIAN DRL the CSM function to turn them on or off is taken away. Also with the DRL COnfiguration set to CANADIAN you do not have the option of choosing which lamp to use as your DRL. Go back into the BCM and:

1) DRL Configuration: OPTIONAL DRL
2) Set which light you want to use as your DRL---"DRL LAMP LOCATION"
3) DRL DropOut Enable: YES
4) DRL Customer Settings ENABLE
5) Daytime Running Lights CSM

You probably have most of the settings done already, so just check to ensure. The biggie is #1.

you’re the man! Thank you!

Timwis72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have an 18 ram I couldn’t get it to accept the mileage. I click start and nothing happens. Is it because mines and 18? If so do you know when an update for 18s will be out?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I have an 18 ram I couldn’t get it to accept the mileage. I click start and nothing happens. Is it because mines and 18? If so do you know when an update for 18s will be out?

Are you using a security bypass cable? 18's and newer need it.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
can you make ANY changes at all
if you have not try an "easy" one like DRL OR remote windows down

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

As other's have asked /stated, you need a security bypass cable. @DeereGuy makes and sells them. Also what obd2 reader are you using? I believe only the obdlink mx(+) works for changing mileage and hours

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Autodim rearview mirror is working! Woohoo! Installed it and enabled both settings with Alfa last night. Drove to work this morning with no dimming or soft button on the radio and wondered what I did wrong or is it a bad mirror. Start it up to go to lunch, and voila! There's the soft button. Put my hand over the sensor, and the mirror darkened. Sweet! Thanks to everyone for your instructions and videos and cables.

Now, my $50k truck is equal to my $25k 2001 except for no tow hooks (grrrr)...but that was 18 years-ago prices.

Next up, premium cluster.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the ODBLink MX+ and android sw. Just programmed 1a1 tow mirror upgrade. Works awesome, tilt in reverse, puddle light, turn indicators. Enabled factory alarm and set reverse lights to led. No more bulb out! Remaining lights are leds so i will ditch resistors this weekend! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE for their input and DIRECTIONS. I read first post thru .. well.. all weekend almost.
thank BIG DADDYS HOUSE for his YT videos.. super well done and watched each like 3 times . Also spent my 5 min between code changes getting popsicles [emoji2957]
Go purple. My 2yr old grand daughter loves them as well

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

Parker675

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I'm jealous! Still no luck changing hours on my 2013 2500 diesel. Tried everything. I'm using the OBDLink MX and a Galaxy S9. Are you using the MX or MX+?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Does anyone know if a 2019 1500 Classic (4th gen) requires a security cable as I have read here for other 2019 models?

Yes, it started with the 2018 model year. If your looking where to buy one, follow this link: M² Mods

hulk181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am trying to set up the Smart Beam function on a 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn using AlfaOBD using the five changes listed that should do it. What is happening though is it locks the tailgate and the only way I can get the tailgate to unlock is by reverting the settings. Any suggestions from anyone who got their Smart Beam settings to work?

ggrimm01

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500
Engine
Hello All. I got the alpdobd and MX adapter to program fobik's on a 2018 ram 2500. I keep getting an error the I cannot talk to the ecu after I try programming the fob using the from 225. Do I need the RAM Security Module Bypass Harnesses to program these fobik's?