AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What year is your truck? The Trailer Hitch camera wasn't an option until 2016. If you have 13 to 15 it will not be in your BCM to enable. If your truck is a 2016 or newer the option should be present.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My 2014 bighorn came with the trailer hitch or tailgate camera from the factory in the radio.

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2013 1500 SLT previously and the wiring was missing from the tailgate all the way to the radio... Yours is likely missing also.
If you are not 100% sure, you need to check for all 8 wires at the i550 tailgate connector going to 5 wires at the c322 connector (chassis harness), 3 wires at the i315 connector to the 3 wires at the radio C1 connector (cab harness). If you don't know what I'm referring to you will need to refer to post 10 in the bu camera thread that I linked previously for pictures and exact pin numbers to check. It also has a summary schematic for the bu cam. If you're just missing one or both of the main sections I may be able to get you what you need.
13-17 OEM Backup Cam Install i315 mpg2 9-4-17.pdf.

As Ricks Ram mentioned, the 2013-14 BCM doesn't have all the same options as newer trucks (but Cam can be enabled with the ones it has).

M² Mods.
Ok so here is what i see near brake pedal and above spare tire. Looks like i need to order the two harnesses ypu suggested. Although my cknnector by e brake looks different then supplied pic .
Also, looks like connector i550 knly has 2 wires . Even though hafness jnside tailgate has way more wires....20191120_093313.jpg 20191120_092338.jpg 20191120_093313.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 bighorn came with the trailer hitch or tailgate camera from the factory in the radio.
You misunderstood the question he asked. Yes you have the camera but you don't have the ability to turn it on via an icon on your apps screen without being in reverse like the 2016 and up trucks do. On the 13 to 15 Rams the only way you can turn on the backup camera (trailer hitch camera) is if you have the cargo cam option in which case you can turn on the cargo cam and then access the backup (trailer hitch) camera from there. The cargo cam is only available from the factory in the 2500/3500 trucks. I actually installed the cargo cam in my 1500 so I can access my backup camera without being in reverse but I need to access it by going to the cargo cam and then the backup camera from there. 6d81efc42faac0c3eb1ed13cb0d14a20.jpg89d01679d5d079661279e8694b2a20f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I have a question. I went from no remote start or keyless entry to have both. Now, the options in the radio will not show up for either system, I do not know why. I want to turn the beeps off when I remote start it at 3am, it woke up my wife.
I went through Alfa and found the horn chime, is this the correct option to turn off? I don't want to start changing stuff when I honestly have no clue.
Thanks for any help as you all have helped a lot already.50c739b1446a0f86ffea47356ee0b071.png

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I have a question. I went from no remote start or keyless entry to have both. Now, the options in the radio will not show up for either system, I do not know why. I want to turn the beeps off when I remote start it at 3am, it woke up my wife.
I went through Alfa and found the horn chime, is this the correct option to turn off? I don't want to start changing stuff when I honestly have no clue.
Thanks for any help as you all have helped a lot already.

Actually dont need to go there.

Connect to BCM as normal, then choose Program Customer Features

Then scroll to Sound Horn On Remote Start and choose Disabled.

If you are missing the settings in the radio an want to add them, look for "CustSetMenu 1-Sound horn with remote lock CSM" and "CustSetMenu 1-Sound horn with remote start CSM" which will enable them in the head unit so you can toggle them there if you want.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks for any help as you all have helped a lot already.50c739b1446a0f86ffea47356ee0b071.png

As stated above. Also it can take up to 48 hour's for some radios to add the option. No rhyme or reason. Some are slower than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronson Lendvoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
D2BC8DE6-95CF-42FC-B51E-9411C27222F6.jpeg Anybody know how to fix fog lights shorting out after starting the truck, I have 55w HIDs installed and they come on when the truck is in run but shut off and flicker when I start it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 186645 Anybody know how to fix fog lights shorting out after starting the truck, I have 55w HIDs installed and they come on when the truck is in run but shut off and flicker when I start it.

Do you have AlfaOBD?

If so, and if you havent already, try changing the Front Fog Lamps LED present setting to Yes.

Bronson Lendvoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have AlfaOBD?

If so, and if you havent already, try changing the Front Fog Lamps LED present setting to Yes.

I tried that, they flicker when in run and don’t even come on when I start it. I have AlfaOBD, I recently installed HIDs in m low beams and they took some playing around to get them to work.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
View attachment 186645 Anybody know how to fix fog lights shorting out after starting the truck, I have 55w HIDs installed and they come on when the truck is in run but shut off and flicker when I start it.
I’m guessing the current draw when the 55w ballasts are firing up is too great for the fog lamp circuits and they shut off to protect the BCM. You’ll either have to run them off a relay, or go to 35w ballasts.

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually dont need to go there.

Connect to BCM as normal, then choose Program Customer Features

Then scroll to Sound Horn On Remote Start and choose Disabled.

If you are missing the settings in the radio an want to add them, look for "CustSetMenu 1-Sound horn with remote lock CSM" and "CustSetMenu 1-Sound horn with remote start CSM" which will enable them in the head unit so you can toggle them there if you want.
As stated above. Also it can take up to 48 hour's for some radios to add the option. No rhyme or reason. Some are slower than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys, you have been beyond helpful. I have been trying to read as much of this thread to learn this software. I appreciate everything greatly.

Bronson Lendvoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m guessing the current draw when the 55w ballasts are firing up is too great for the fog lamp circuits and they shut off to protect the BCM. You’ll either have to run them off a relay, or go to 35w ballasts.

That’s what I was thinking, do you know any reliable relays for a 55w ballast?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That’s what I was thinking, do you know any reliable relays for a 55w ballast?
Any standard 30/40 amp 4 or 5 pin waterproof relay will do. https://www.amazon.com/Relay-12V-Pi...erproof+relay+12v+4+pin&qid=1574297239&sr=8-9

Some other miscellaneous parts that’ll be helpful in building your own plug n play relay harness: https://www.amazon.com/UTSAUTO-Conn...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/Uriveusa-Cir...+2+fuse+taps+automotive&qid=1574297830&sr=8-4

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
He sent me a test version with the feature added under doors configuration. @chrisbh17 and I both tried it out, and still no go. I sent off the debug log last night, so I’m waiting to hear back.

Hey Jimmy, did you ever get any feedback or response on this one?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey Jimmy, did you ever get any feedback or response on this one?
I haven’t heard back yet. I’m gonna give him a few more days, because I know he has another feature on his plate he’s trying to get working for a few other members. Once he sorts that out, I’ll hit him up again with the auto fold.

James Zimmerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello Fellow Ram owners. First post, following since October. Purchased a new 2018 Ram 2500 from a dealership that was trying to get rid of their stock trucks to bring in the new 2020's. I have purchased the bed lights with the switch. I installed them with the help of the group of great guys on this board. I have activated the lights with the Alfa OBD, and the bypass harness. My boss also has a 2018 which was purchased the same day from the same dealership. His truck has the lights with the switch in the bed just below the driver side bed light. My switch installed and hooked into the harness that is existing and is not activated with the Alfa. Can someone point me to where on Alfa I can find how to activate the switch, it would be greatly appreciated. Any thing would help. I dont want to take it to a dealership to activate if I already have the stuff to do it. Thanks in advance for any replies

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello Fellow Ram owners. First post, following since October. Purchased a new 2018 Ram 2500 from a dealership that was trying to get rid of their stock trucks to bring in the new 2020's. I have purchased the bed lights with the switch. I installed them with the help of the group of great guys on this board. I have activated the lights with the Alfa OBD, and the bypass harness. My boss also has a 2018 which was purchased the same day from the same dealership. His truck has the lights with the switch in the bed just below the driver side bed light. My switch installed and hooked into the harness that is existing and is not activated with the Alfa. Can someone point me to where on Alfa I can find how to activate the switch, it would be greatly appreciated. Any thing would help. I dont want to take it to a dealership to activate if I already have the stuff to do it. Thanks in advance for any replies
Since AlfaOBD only supports up to 2017, and the switch showed up in 2018, the setting for the switch usage isn’t listed to enable in alfa.

James Zimmerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Since AlfaOBD only supports up to 2017, and the switch showed up in 2018, the setting for the switch usage isn’t listed to enable in alfa.
Thanks for the response Jimmy07, So what your saying is I have to take it to the dealership then? or just leave it alone until that option comes out. Or was thinking about possibly reading the BCM of my buddy's truck that has the lights installed with the switch. Same year truck and model as mine. Just have to compare them between both 141 pages saved to Google Drive

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the response Jimmy07, So what your saying is I have to take it to the dealership then? or just leave it alone until that option comes out. Or was thinking about possibly reading the BCM of my buddy's truck that has the lights installed with the switch. Same year truck and model as mine. Just have to compare them between both 141 pages saved to Google Drive
When comparing configurations of a truck that has the switch factory enabled to a truck that doesn’t have it, you won’t see the difference listed. The switch usage option just isn’t in the configuration change list, therefore it won’t show up in the BCM dump list. I don’t know what his plans are for adding 2018+ support, but if it was me, the switch would be something I would hold out for to see if it gets added.