AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When connected to the bcm click the battery icon then download it to Google drive

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250
Maybe that’s what I did wrong I watched big daddy’s YouTube and I think he went to tools and did it that way maybe that’s the cause?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Maybe that’s what I did wrong I watched big daddy’s YouTube and I think he went to tools and did it that way maybe that’s the cause?

Sometimes you have to have the data loaded in alfaobd for it to save. It's a good habit to load the data before saving it to make sure you have the current settings loaded.

Here's how I do it

Connect to the bcm
Click the battery icon
Select read system ID(wait for the data to load)
Click on the tools icon on the top
Select upload to Google drive
Enter your email address
Select upload faults and status

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes you have to have the data loaded in alfaobd for it to save. It's a good habit to load the data before saving it to make sure you have the current settings loaded.

Here's how I do it

Connect to the bcm
Click the battery icon
Select read system ID(wait for the data to load)
Click on the tools icon on the top
Select upload to Google drive
Enter your email address
Select upload faults and status

I’ll try this cuz the steps are a little different then big daddy using it on phone. Do you happen to be using a fire tablet?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I’ll try this cuz the steps are a little different then big daddy using it on phone. Do you happen to be using a fire tablet?

Yeah. Fire 7

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. Fire 7

MAkes sense big daddy skipped the battery part and went straight to that now I have a ****** copy of black Betty once again thank you very much for that as I didn’t want to touch the drop out or daytime running lights until I had that original.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
MAkes sense big daddy skipped the battery part and went straight to that now I have a ****** copy of black Betty once again thank you very much for that as I didn’t want to touch the drop out or daytime running lights until I had that original.

In the past it may have worked like that. But I've always done it this way and it's always worked. A extra step I take is to copy and paste into word the previous log and current log side by side. It's easier to keep track of changes that way.
03481737b871ef16b27f7377fe94f509.jpg

stxdeadI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
2018 ram 2500 just swapped out to the better dash cluster and have less bulbs installed in most of exterior lights. I never received the message on other cluster but when I hit the brakes now it give me this message.

In alfa obd I've swapped most of the exterior if not all the exterior bulbs to led and still get this message when hitting brakes. is there a way to turn off all the light related messages or anyone have resolutions for me?

thanks!212c45767992c2c50b482e83906a0e60.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2018 ram 2500 just swapped out to the better dash cluster and have less bulbs installed in most of exterior lights. I never received the message on other cluster but when I hit the brakes now it give me this message.

In alfa obd I've swapped most of the exterior if not all the exterior bulbs to led and still get this message when hitting brakes. is there a way to turn off all the light related messages or anyone have resolutions for me?

thanks!212c45767992c2c50b482e83906a0e60.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Did you change ur cab break light to led in alfaobd? I had to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paperboy4828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Has anyone here used the kit to do the instillation? I ordered the harness kit, and it came with one single harness. I installed the one harness in the passenger door per the instructions and that side works like a charm, marker light and turn signal on the passenger side mirror. There was no harness for the drivers side and that mirror lamp / turn signal remains only working as a turn signal. All the pictures on the web sight show two harnesses. Is there supposed to be one for each side (drivers and passengers) or just a single that does not matter where it gets installed?

*** Never mind folks, I got things all set!!!***

Last edited:

RoverUKSF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel 3.0
Hi guys so I tried to enable global windows down with FOB using alfa obd, which worked, but I lost my express windows (standard buttons not via fob) , they will go auto down the first time after power on, then rest of the time they are going auto down just half way I need to press it second time to go down all the way. Auto up is not working at all.
I tryied to disable global windows up and down, no luck
Then I tried to set express windows to front only (I was testing express on all, but it wont worked anyway), no luck
I tried the reset procedure hold the button 3 seconds in each position (all way up/ all way down) no luck. Im desperate now I really miss auto up feature and it driving me nuts. Do you have any suggestions what can be wrong, or posibly send me the data log from your body module to compare with mine? I was dumb enough to not make backup

Hi guys, still have same issue with windows express feature (auto down not working).
I'd like to ask what is doing option for reseting BCM, is it the same as if you unplug the battery or will it reset ECU to default configuration? Is it safe to do it, or better not try it?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hi guys, still have same issue with windows express feature (auto down not working).
I'd like to ask what is doing option for reseting BCM, is it the same as if you unplug the battery or will it reset ECU to default configuration? Is it safe to do it, or better not try it?

The global windows down feature is finicky. Others and myself have had issues where it would work perfectly then other time's wouldn't work or would only go down a couple of inches.

To make sure you are trying it correctly. You need to double click the unlock button and on the 2nd click you hold down until the windows are open

BigPhilly21Fifth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having some serious difficulty correcting the mileage on a used 7" Cluster for my 2015 1500 Big Horn. Using a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus and " OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows " .

I've tried, one key click and two key clicks. I have tried writing the VIN to the new cluster (which I am not sure if it's taking because the mileage is not).

I do get the Continental screen.

I do normally get a "processed failed" prompt while the cluster flashes on and off but it's immediately followed by the "process complete" prompt.

I've tried selecting 3.5" cluster in Alfa because I saw that a user in this thread was able to get it to work that way.

I've tried waiting until the cluster goes black before beginning the process, waiting a full five minutes until after the "process complete" prompt before turning the truck back on.

I tried my Chromebook but it seemed like there might be some connection issues there. I also feel like if a s20plus isn't fast enough, what phone is?

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. I have tried searching this thread but it's a bit long and nailing down results specific to my problem has been a bit tough.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

RoverUKSF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel 3.0
The global windows down feature is finicky. Others and myself have had issues where it would work perfectly then other time's wouldn't work or would only go down a couple of inches.

To make sure you are trying it correctly. You need to double click the unlock button and on the 2nd click you hold down until the windows are open

Yeah it worked, problem is that since I enabled global down, my windows wont go down automaticaly when I press button on the door. Disabling global down wont fix it and since then Im stuck with manual windows, so I must hold button on the door to fully ooen windows

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Having some serious difficulty correcting the mileage on a used 7" Cluster for my 2015 1500 Big Horn. Using a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus and " OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows " .

I've tried, one key click and two key clicks. I have tried writing the VIN to the new cluster (which I am not sure if it's taking because the mileage is not).

I do normally get a "processed failed" prompt while the cluster flashes on and off but it's immediately followed by the "process complete" prompt.

I've tried selecting 3.5" cluster in Alfa because I saw that a user in this thread was able to get it to work that way.

I've tried waiting until the cluster goes black before beginning the process, waiting a full five minutes until after the "process complete" prompt before turning the truck back on.

I tried my Chromebook but it seemed like there might be some connection issues there. I also feel like if a s20plus isn't fast enough, what phone is?

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. I have tried searching this thread but it's a bit long and nailing down results specific to my problem has been a bit tough.

Any ideas?
Look in the AlfaOBD settings and check to see if the Bluetooth device is set to the following Screenshot_20210119-194435_AlfaOBD.jpgScreenshot_20210119-194448_AlfaOBD.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone here used the kit to do the instillation? I ordered the harness kit, and it came with one single harness. I installed the one harness in the passenger door per the instructions and that side works like a charm, marker light and turn signal on the passenger side mirror. There was no harness for the drivers side and that mirror lamp / turn signal remains only working as a turn signal. All the pictures on the web sight show two harnesses. Is there supposed to be one for each side (drivers and passengers) or just a single that does not matter where it gets installed?

*** Never mind folks, I got things all set!!!***

Call customer service and let them know, they'll fix ya up.
You should have had one for each door.

2015 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4
Extang Full tilt tonneau
Nitro Ridge Grappler LT295/70R18 on Mayhem rims.
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS
MORIMOTO LED head and tail lites

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try what's in the picture first. If that doesn't work
Try setting this:
CBC I/O Usage- driver door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- front passenger door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage > left rear lamp diagnostics
CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage > right rear lamp diagnostics
Let us know if it works brother.39e7e7d2cc7028ff3562c982103b097f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey I disabled my door ajar switches over a year ago. And that fixed the hyperflash in my mirrors. But I get parking light out every time I start up. Now I have factory light setup again and I still get the parking light out. So I'm assuming that if I "Re-enable" those switches that will go away. But the settings have changed from the last time I did it. I don't see enable or disable. Do you know what the correct settings are to re-enable them?

2016ram1500exp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone having issues on the alfaobd with milage correction i contacted them and there must be a bug for the mileage part on Android and there will be an update this weekendScreenshot_20210120-152819_Gmail.jpg

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We’ll still have the error. Any chance you know other settings to change to maybe fix it? I realize it could eventually go away. Problem is my ******* didn’t save the config the first time I ever started this.

Edit: didn’t mean to post this sorry

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Any ideas?

Anyone having issues on the alfaobd with milage correction i contacted them and there must be a bug for the mileage part on Android and there will be an update this weekendView attachment 234626
The other night, I swapped in a cluster for mileage correction. That was the 5th time I’ve used AlfaOBD for the mileage correction. The previous four times were successful using Android version (various software versions), MX, and LG Stylo plus. The other night, with the current Android version, it wouldn’t work. Got the laptop out and tried the windows version with MX- still didn’t work. Then I got out the OBD Link EX cable on the windows version, and everything worked the first try. I don’t have an adapter for the EX to try on the Android version, so I can’t say if that would have worked.