All dashboard lights on, and headlights!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Started my truck today, and ALL dashboard lights are on, and wipers are turned off, but stay on! Anyone ever had this problem, or heard of it? Truck is a 2010 ram 1500.

Previously had a few dash lights come on, but dealer said its because i have a bad wheel speed sensor. But these crazy demon possessions just started today!

Last edited:
OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any help would be appreciated. I replaced the bad wheel speed sensor. Wipers stay on, all dash lights are on, windows wont go down and lock buttons dont work. Need this figured out asap!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hopefully someone more familiar with your truck year will speak up but have you checked your battery/voltage/charging? Weird things happen with a low battery or bad battery connection (at the battery and various frame grounds.

Not sure if you or anyone was doing any work around the fuse box (TiPM) or the BCM (under the dash near the driver's door/side), but it may be worth checking the connections at those to make sure they are fully seated and locked down.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cheap chinese lighting? ;)

Try resetting the computer by disconnecting battery, negative last... touch the two wires together and reinstall battery. May not solve anything but will only cost you 10 minutes....

On a positive side, you can clean/tighten your terminals and make sure the connections are good.

rwreuter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently had an issue with my instrument cluster........turned the truck on one morning and all my cluster lights and cluster indications both analog and digital were not working.

I took it to the dealer and they troubleshot it down to a bad instrument cluster......cost, well over $700.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cheap chinese lighting? ;)

Try resetting the computer by disconnecting battery, negative last... touch the two wires together and reinstall battery. May not solve anything but will only cost you 10 minutes....

On a positive side, you can clean/tighten your terminals and make sure the connections are good.

I unhooked the battery and reconnected it 2 hours later. Still doing it.
I did some searching and this seems to be a commin problem on 2009-2012 rams. Fixes range from new tipm, to body control module, door module, body control module, or ignition switch.
I have noticed sometimes when i pull my key out, the radio and truck stay on. I have to reinstall my key, and turn it off a second time so it shuts off.
Hopefully someone here had this problem, and knows what it is.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently had an issue with my instrument cluster........turned the truck on one morning and all my cluster lights and cluster indications both analog and digital were not working.

I took it to the dealer and they troubleshot it down to a bad instrument cluster......cost, well over $700.
None of my gauges work either. Did your wipers stay on, even though the switch was turned off?

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully someone more familiar with your truck year will speak up but have you checked your battery/voltage/charging? Weird things happen with a low battery or bad battery connection (at the battery and various frame grounds.

Not sure if you or anyone was doing any work around the fuse box (TiPM) or the BCM (under the dash near the driver's door/side), but it may be worth checking the connections at those to make sure they are fully seated and locked down.

I installed an amp, and had to pull my JVC radio to tap into the remote turn on, and plug my RCAs into the radio. Im wondering if by me doing that, i disturbed something?

rwreuter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
None of my gauges work either. Did your wipers stay on, even though the switch was turned off?

I didn't have any issues with the wiper blades, though I have read that other people who had to change out the instrument cluster also had issues with wiper blades.

As there is a computer inside the instrument cluster, it depends on what exactly went wrong with it.

countryboyco99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wipers came on by them selves once shortly after I got the truck but I just pulled the fuse to get to work, then when I got off, unhooked the battery and tap the wires together and problem went away. So far it hasn’t happened again. (Fingers crossed).

2010 Dodge Ram Quad cab 1500 4.7 with 3.55 gears.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This sounds suspiciously like a ground problem. Check ground continuity between the negative battery post, body and engine block for starters.

Neg bat - engine
neg bat - body
body - engine

Unfortunately, even if it all comes up roses, it doesn't mean there's not an intermittent short somewhere. But at lest it's a place to start.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just had another thought... a wise shade tree mechanic told me when **** goes sideways, always go back to the last thing you did. Any possibility any of the recent mods you've made could impact the electrical system in any way. Lighting install, HID's, etc... if so, try undoing/or unhooking the mod and see if the problem is still there.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't have any issues with the wiper blades, though I have read that other people who had to change out the instrument cluster also had issues with wiper blades.

As there is a computer inside the instrument cluster, it depends on what exactly went wrong with it.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into it.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wipers came on by them selves once shortly after I got the truck but I just pulled the fuse to get to work, then when I got off, unhooked the battery and tap the wires together and problem went away. So far it hasn’t happened again. (Fingers crossed).

2010 Dodge Ram Quad cab 1500 4.7 with 3.55 gears.
So you guys are saying unhook both terminals on the battery, and touch them? Im not being a smartass by any means, that just doesnt make sense since no connections are made wirh a battery.
I thought to reset the computer, you just have to have the positive and negative unhooked for 20 minutes to clear codes?

Buzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 pullin the War Wagon
Completed circuit then.... No just to free any static electricity left in system. Best way I can explain.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok i found out this is a big problem on older rams like my 2010. My truck has the same symptoms as the video, but all of my dash lights are on, and no gauges work. Wipers stay in also.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is a 2010 i dont think it has this thing called canbus. Radio has been hooked up for a long time.

It has a Can-Bus system... but if radio has been hooked up for a while then that shouldn't be it. Did you do anything to truck right after this happened?