Anyone used these kicker speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mairj40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 6x9's. Not stellar, but I like them. Beter than the stock speakers.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes I work for Kicker.

Our #1 seller is CS.
they are shallow, and will come with mounting hardware, and will drop right in.

OP
OP

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yes I work for Kicker.

Our #1 seller is CS.
they are shallow, and will come with mounting hardware, and will drop right in.
I was wondering if those would drop in. I read 2 3/4" of depth and these say they're 3 1/8". Not a big deal if I have to space them...just wasn't sure if I needed to make some spacers prior to starting vs having to stop during the install and make them.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why not the ones made for mopar’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I was wondering if those would drop in. I read 2 3/4" of depth and these say they're 3 1/8". Not a big deal if I have to space them...just wasn't sure if I needed to make some spacers prior to starting vs having to stop during the install and make them.
yes they will, the newer 46CS speakers have a shorter tweeter protrusion, they'll fit.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

I actually have the Kicker 3.5" in dash, and the Mopar 6x9 midbass LOL, they are awesome.

20190219_102012.jpg

OP
OP

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins

I wasn't even aware of the Mopar ones until after I ordered these. They're also quite a bit more expensive from what I saw for what I assume is basically the same speaker.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I wasn't even aware of the Mopar ones until after I ordered these. They're also quite a bit more expensive from what I saw for what I assume is basically the same speaker.
Not exactly the same, the Mopar ones have the plug so factory plug and play, the CS are a good notch up.

OP
OP

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Not exactly the same, the Mopar ones have the plug so factory plug and play, the CS are a good notch up.
I don't mind doing it the old fashioned way....I been doing it that way for 30+ years haha

OP
OP

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'm really curious to see if I find factory speakers behind the doors......it sounds pretty dang good the way it sits. Truck was originally owned by an older fellow that kept it pretty much bone stock. I can't see him doing the speakers but if those are stockers they're some decent sounding stockers. I did the head unit last summer and put 2 100w 6" bass tubes behind the seat. It sounds pretty good right now but speakers were on my want list and wife got them for me as an anniversary present last weekend.

OP
OP

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Put speakers in this evening. Truck rocks. Not sure I notice $150 difference though....I felt like it sounded good before. I do notice it stays crisp a little further up on the volume dial. Overall I'm very happy with the stereo....IMO the twin 100 watt bazooka tubes make the whole thing.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Put speakers in this evening. Truck rocks. Not sure I notice $150 difference though....I felt like it sounded good before. I do notice it stays crisp a little further up on the volume dial. Overall I'm very happy with the stereo....IMO the twin 100 watt bazooka tubes make the whole thing.
awesome, glad it helped some!

OP
OP

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Like I say...overall I'm really happy with them. I think it says alot how decent the stockers are really. Without the subs I think a more noticeable difference would've been there just doing the speakers. I'm also debating an amp for those door speakers at some point. I'll keep it like this awhile and see what I think....not sure I need it a ton louder. My ears are still ringing today from dialing it in last night haha

Couple things from speaker install. I thought the stock rears were 6.5" and I still need to measure them but they're definitely bigger than that...I'm thinking 7.25". Also I did have to use something to space those kickers because the cage on the back of the speaker was hitting the opening a bit keeping them from sitting flush. I had some 5/8" foam seal that I used around the opening that worked perfect.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Like I say...overall I'm really happy with them. I think it says alot how decent the stockers are really. Without the subs I think a more noticeable difference would've been there just doing the speakers. I'm also debating an amp for those door speakers at some point. I'll keep it like this awhile and see what I think....not sure I need it a ton louder. My ears are still ringing today from dialing it in last night haha

Couple things from speaker install. I thought the stock rears were 6.5" and I still need to measure them but they're definitely bigger than that...I'm thinking 7.25". Also I did have to use something to space those kickers because the cage on the back of the speaker was hitting the opening a bit keeping them from sitting flush. I had some 5/8" foam seal that I used around the opening that worked perfect.
for my 4th gen, I used our KEY180.4, now its a KEY200.4, 50x4 channel, small, compact, does 50x4 at 14v so true power, hid mine under dash.

apriliaalex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These speakers are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk