Autopark while backing (too fast)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They do benefit some people and save a step. For those that are already buckled in and arrive at their destination, and can’t figure out how to back in without unbuckling and opening the door, all they have to do is unbuckle from the extender instead of unbuckling and re-buckling in behind them.

But they have to:

1) unbuckle
2) find the beer opener/buckler faker (or get it from its normal storage place
3) plug in said beer opener/buckler faker

While the alternative is:

1) unbuckle while still holding on to the buckle
2) lean forward and plug in seat belt with strap behind them

EDIT: you must be talking about a different design than the one posted above with the beer opener on the other end. Because you sill have to connect that one, it isn't an extender.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
But they have to:

1) unbuckle
2) find the beer opener/buckler faker (or get it from its normal storage place
3) plug in said beer opener/buckler faker

While the alternative is:

1) unbuckle while still holding on to the buckle
2) lean forward and plug in seat belt with strap behind them

EDIT: you must be talking about a different design than the one posted above with the beer opener on the other end. Because you sill have to connect that one, it isn't an extender.
We must not be talking about the same thing, then. I’m referring to a “pass through” type seat belt extender. You buckle it in, and then buckle your seatbelt into it. That way it just always stays buckled in making the truck think your seatbelt is always buckled.

Edit: NOW I see what you’re referring to. You didn’t quote the link above and I assumed you were talking about the “pass thru” type.

dfsmopars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CE89410C-33B4-4EC7-9C5A-8E535BA13682.jpeg Came today. Looks like they want to mess with mine.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got one for my 2016 the other day, and am reading through the thread to see if I want them to mess with it.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Got mine done a few weeks ago. No issues. Got the tailgate & cruise control recalls done at the same time. My grandsons ride their bikes in my driveway & I wanted that done for safety

OP
OP
Neil E

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am bringing my truck in for an oil change on Tuesday. I will let them know about the truck going into park while backing. I will let everyone know what is said.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I just got the recall today,I think i'll give it a miss as i've added heated/cooled seats,8.4 radio and other stuff.Don't want them screwing anything up with a flash.

MIDNIGHT THUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So how does this autopark work? I have a 2018 Sport with Hemi and 8 spd automatic. The gear shifter is the dial on the dash. I parallel park in town for now, but if I had to back up half a block to swipe a space, I wouldn't want to try and figure this thing out on the fly so to speak? Also I read on this forum about how to change shifting pattern put in 'D' and -shift/+shift to 8 (I went straight from buying Dealer to Garage and had straight pipe installed) I am loving not having to put up with that weird noise/tones it was making. So any help with explanation on this autopark and how I can check it? Big Thanks in advance.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So how does this autopark work? I have a 2018 Sport with Hemi and 8 spd automatic. The gear shifter is the dial on the dash. I parallel park in town for now, but if I had to back up half a block to swipe a space, I wouldn't want to try and figure this thing out on the fly so to speak? Also I read on this forum about how to change shifting pattern put in 'D' and -shift/+shift to 8 (I went straight from buying Dealer to Garage and had straight pipe installed) I am loving not having to put up with that weird noise/tones it was making. So any help with explanation on this autopark and how I can check it? Big Thanks in advance.
Read post 33 of this thread

bruiserRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I hate mine...came already working on my 2017 Express.

That said, I've driven in reverse recently for about 1/2 mile, at about 25+mph with no issues.

OP
OP
Neil E

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
About to leave dealer and nothing determined on what caused it.
No fault codes with computer hooked up, I had the service manager try and duplicate as I watched, after 3 tries all the way up to 19 in reverse. Nothing.
Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but he said he was going to reach out to some of his brethren and see if anyone else has seen this issue. He believes it might be in the programming.