Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BreeOge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a R2 radio, and I know it can have a backup camera. I got the OEM Camera and I have it installed. I used AlfaOBD to set the settings that needed to be set, or at least the ones I found on this forum. However my radio does not show ANYTHING when in backup, or even on the more button. Anyone have any idea what is wrong, what I may try? what may cause this? Also how long does it take for the settings to take effect.

Thank you

*UPDATE* After about an hour I went out and checked it again.. and wow it worked!!!!!! guess it does take a bit for it to update..

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a R2 radio, and I know it can have a backup camera. I got the OEM Camera and I have it installed. I used AlfaOBD to set the settings that needed to be set, or at least the ones I found on this forum. However my radio does not show ANYTHING when in backup, or even on the more button. Anyone have any idea what is wrong, what I may try? what may cause this? Also how long does it take for the settings to take effect.

Thank you

*UPDATE* After about an hour I went out and checked it again.. and wow it worked!!!!!! guess it does take a bit for it to update..

Glad to hear you got it working. It's a bit odd, I've had settings take effect within minutes and others take hours. The mysteries of the RAM BCM system!

-K