Badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamrock09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tomorrow I will be picking up my brand new flame red 2018 sports. Trading in my 2014 SLT

I'm just wondering if I debadge my truck and slap on some Demon badges on there. Would that be weird?

Coming from a jeep guy, i'm just wondering would that be like taking of my sahara badges and slapping on rubicons?

Sorry I'm sorta new to this Mopar world. I like the look of those Demon Decals and emblems.

Last edited:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a buddy in high school with a white ‘91 Mustang LX Convertible 2.3L 4 banger...He put “5.0” badges, the GT turbine wheels and a fake dual exhaust tip on it....THAT WAS **** POOR!!
I really like the Demon/Hellcat badges...just dont know if I could put them on my truck...To each his own!

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your analogy was fail. You're talking about trims with your jeep, the demon is not a trim with ram. Thus not an issue.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
If you’re asking for an opinion, I say absolutely not. It irks me when people put the wrong badges on something, especially when it comes to specific performance badges. If you don’t care what people think, then it doesn’t matter at all. But a lot of people in die hard car groups consider it upbadging and frown on it. Again, your truck, and you live in a free country lol but that’s my opinion. I mean in my case, I put a 392 motor in my truck so I could technically label it an SRT, but I won’t do that

I Bleed Ram Trucks

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you’re asking for an opinion, I say absolutely not. It irks me when people put the wrong badges on something, especially when it comes to specific performance badges. If you don’t care what people think, then it doesn’t matter at all. But a lot of people in die hard car groups consider it upbadging and frown on it. Again, your truck, and you live in a free country lol but that’s my opinion. I mean in my case, I put a 392 motor in my truck so I could technically label it an SRT, but I won’t do that

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Amen brotha , hellllllll to the no , why the hell would you put demon badges on a truck.

Or 5.0 badges on a 4 banger, or SRT badges on a 3.6l sxt. It really annoys me. Don’t be that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amen brotha , hellllllll to the no , why the hell would you put demon badges on a truck.

Or 5.0 badges on a 4 banger, or SRT badges on a 3.6l sxt. It really annoys me. Don’t be that guy

For me I agree. I actually recently went from 2011 “Ram 1500” badges (all on one line) to 2013+ badges (ram on top of the 1500) and it was tough enough for me to do even though it’s exactly the same “model”.... i did it because the painted decals I had were chipping and looking cheap and I wanted matte black and that’s all I could find in genuine Mopar access..... I wouldn’t be able to put hellcat or rt or a hemi if I didn’t have a hemi though. But that’s me... do u and what u like at the end of the day.

Reactions: JB1

sdyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do what you want. Put whatever badges you want on it and I wouldn't care what other people think. If someone recognizes the demon badges then they know there isn't a demon 1500, if they don't recognize them then it doesn't matter and they just think you have a cool badge

OP
OP
Jamrock09

Jamrock09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input I can’t wait to pick up my new truck tomorrow.

No disrespect to the die hards. but it’ll be a tribute I guess. I have nothing to prove just want something different.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I always chuckle when I see people badge Chevies as SS knowing the model is not or someone slapping a V8 on a four banger.

If you like the demon badging, I would suggest finding some great graphics or design something yourself and have someone print it on vinyl and be custom.

Good luck and enjoy that new ride!

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope it’s not a demon so don’t slap demon badges on it. If you choose to debadge that’s up to you but don’t go slapping badges on something’s it’s not Mopar or any other brand same thing applies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I used to remove and change and black out badges on my trucks.
Now everyone does it and it no longer sets the truck apart from the crowd.
I leave my trucks appearance alone now...I just buy the truck the way I want it and leave it that way.

Unmolested trucks are better in the long run.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For me I agree. I actually recently went from 2011 “Ram 1500” badges (all on one line) to 2013+ badges (ram on top of the 1500) and it was tough enough for me to do even though it’s exactly the same “model”.... i did it because the painted decals I had were chipping and looking cheap and I wanted matte black and that’s all I could find in genuine Mopar access..... I wouldn’t be able to put hellcat or rt or a hemi if I didn’t have a hemi though. But that’s me... do u and what u like at the end of the day.

I don’t think that upgrading your badging is the same as a up badging. I had a 2003 ram 1500 hemi. And what I did on that one was I took the ugly hemi badges off of it off of the front fender, and I replaced him with the single hemi badge from brand new challenger, it was just a cosmetic upgrade for the engine it had.

micbegls1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont mind it. Ive been debating on going with a scat pack theme to truck, just not sure how to carry it out lol

Also, i thought it would be cool to have a Hellcat style badge, but just with a rams head instead of a cat.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another option is a custom badge. There is a guy named Nate from Rebadge Design who a lot of people on the forum have purchased custom badges.

He has a variety of custom badge designs or you can create one of your own with him. I was pondering having him do up a badge for my 3.92 Differential Gears but haven't had time to think about a design.

https://rebadgedesign.com/