Battery Life??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coosawjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess this topic goes here??:think:

How long do MOPAR batteries last?? Mine is over 10 years old and still working fine......I guess??:cool:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Average is 4-5 years. Some go much longer (yours for example) other go sooner. In my opinion though, you're inviting problems by running it as long as you have. I replaced mine at the 4 year mark. I went with an AGM type from Advance Auto and so far it's been very good.

-K

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hot states with odd cold snaps seems to be a battery kryptonite. They last 3 years or so down here in Florida. My original battery went from strong and fine to dead in one drive. Started up to drive to church to turn on the sound system, took 2 minutes and ran back out and it was dead. They are fickle thats for sure.

I have an impossible time understanding you have a 10 year old battery in your truck. Id love to see a picture of it to see its manufacture date as Ive been around cars my entire life and yours would be the first battery Ive seen last that long.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have an impossible time understanding you have a 10 year old battery in your truck. Id love to see a picture of it to see its manufacture date as Ive been around cars my entire life and yours would be the first battery Ive seen last that long.

I've seen a few in my 35+ years of playing with motorized vehicles, but I can count 'em on one hand. Batteries in general are indeed fickle things. I've got a circa 2001 laptop around here somewhere whose ni-cad based battery still holds a charge. (Runs Windows 3.1!). And to counter it, several that are no more than a few years old where the newer lithium based batteries have already **** the bed.

-K

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
One of mine was on it's 11th year when it finally packed it in.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck battery took a dump at just shy of 7.5 yrs, my rsx I purchased earlier his yr had a 8yr old battery that ******* out 2 weeks after I bought it( tho I left some interior stuff on so that one was my fault)

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's funny...I just traded my 2012 in with its original battery (truck was bought new in Nov 2011). I never went past 5 years in previous vehicles and I was amazed that it showed no signs of needing replacement. Turned-over without a struggle every time, even in temps well below freezing. And for most of its life it wasn't even a daily driver. Sat for days at a time whenever I was on a 3-4 day shift. I was planing on replacing it before this winter but recently traded it in.