Battery terminals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roy Ball

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I disconnect the battery terminals on my 2016 bighorn will I lose my settings on u-connect ect? I want to clean the connections.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Always disconnect the Negative Terminal First before removing the battery.
When reinstalling the battery, connect up the Negative battery last.

If you are going to work on something electrical on the Ram, just disconnect the Negative Post

I think that it depends on how long that both cables are disconnected, before you lose radio presets, like switching out the battery with a new battery.
I had the new battery close by, when the old battery was removed, i did not lose any settings

There is a way to insure that nothing is lost when a battery is going to be disconnected for longer periods of time.
I'll let someone else explain that method

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I disconnected my battery the other day to install a battery cover. Probably off for 20-30 minutes and everything was normal when i hooked it back up. Like @GTyankee said above, i think it all depends on how long its disconnected.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
If I disconnect the battery terminals on my 2016 bighorn will I lose my settings on u-connect ect? I want to clean the connections.
You shouldn't have a problem but, an extra safety measure is to wire two 6-Volt lantern batteries in series to give you 12VDC. Disconnect your truck battery and connect up the two lantern batteries in place of your truck battery.

fast ed

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
all you need is a 9 volt battery hooked up to an always hot cigarette lighter socket

OP
OP
R

Roy Ball

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone for the answers, much appreciated.