Battery voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin Meek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello people, just wanted to run something by you guys

I got a low voltage indicator on my 2015 ram 1500. With the battery needle in cab fluctuating as well.

I’ve replaced the battery and all was well, took a 1.5 hour drive. And started back up and low voltage indicator again. Took to autozone to test system. Upon electrical loads the needle drops more such as turning the wheel left and right I found out we have electric power steering.

during the test I had a friend turn the wheel, the test was showing 13.75 and a little lower output for a moment. When he was turning the wheel service power steering came on and lost all power steering. Still have lights, radio, A/C. The test did say voltage regulator failed.

any help on this issue?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It could be the Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS) that mounted to the negative battery terminal. That feeds information about the battery back to the ECM for charging purposes.

OP
OP
Devin Meek

Devin Meek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update my buddy let me take his off his 2016… so far so good with two starts around town and putting a load on the electrical system. Thanks for the advice

mauntie256

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummings
Hello people, just wanted to run something by you guys

I got a low voltage indicator on my 2015 ram 1500. With the battery needle in cab fluctuating as well.

I’ve replaced the battery and all was well, took a 1.5 hour drive. And started back up and low voltage indicator again. Took to autozone to test system. Upon electrical loads the needle drops more such as turning the wheel left and right I found out we have electric power steering.

during the test I had a friend turn the wheel, the test was showing 13.75 and a little lower output for a moment. When he was turning the wheel service power steering came on and lost all power steering. Still have lights, radio, A/C. The test did say voltage regulator failed.

any help on this issue?
did you replace the mega fuse if not do that worked for me on pass battery front one square with ceramic middle 18#