Should i just replace the control arms

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjschu55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Guys, need some advice/help. So i raised the front end on my 04 Ram 1500 4X4 with a 2 inch level kit (torsion keys) and the rear with 2 inch blocks on the leaf springs and it looks great. Ever since then ive been blowing out cv boots (minor tears really). When i got the truck i slid off the road and into a ditch and after that ive had nothin happen to the truck. Me and my mechanic that i take my cars too first thought it was just the cv angle. The drivers side has had no issues at all but the passenger side keeps doing it. We recently discovered that the lower control arm is bent on the passenger side and a slight bend in the upper shock mount as well after looking more closely at all the suspension and i wanted to know if that could be a possible culprit for the boot tears. I may decide to just do a new lower and upper control arm and new ball joints in case other components may be compromised.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Guys, need some advice/help. So i raised the front end on my 04 Ram 1500 4X4 with a 2 inch level kit (torsion keys) and the rear with 2 inch blocks on the leaf springs and it looks great. Ever since then ive been blowing out cv boots (minor tears really). When i got the truck i slid off the road and into a ditch and after that ive had nothin happen to the truck. Me and my mechanic that i take my cars too first thought it was just the cv angle. The drivers side has had no issues at all but the passenger side keeps doing it. We recently discovered that the lower control arm is bent on the passenger side and a slight bend in the upper shock mount as well after looking more closely at all the suspension and i wanted to know if that could be a possible culprit for the boot tears. I may decide to just do a new lower and upper control arm and new ball joints in case other components may be compromised.

That’s the most likely culprit.
Are the front tires wearing evenly? Especially the right tire.
If it has any odd wear on it then yes replace both upper and lower A arms.
Depending on how many miles are on the truck I recommend changing both sides and also be sure to get the arms with serviceable ball joints.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

OP
OP
pjschu55

pjschu55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
upload_2019-6-19_18-38-15.jpeg

The passenger tire camber is definitely off 100 percent and it is tilted in for a slightly negative camber. I have pic but its not the best haha

OP
OP
pjschu55

pjschu55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
And i want a Rebel so bad!!! Or just finaly get a Cummins hah

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military