Best radio for the Gen 4 direct fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
im planning on getting a new radio for my 2500 I’d like to have a direct fit.

I’ve got the 5.0 touch. Not really want to cut anything or change bezels.

Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth are required nav is a plus
Plans are amp and full sound system will be done with the install of the new radio

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Uhhhhh, you'd probably have better luck in the 4th Gen forum.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll need a dash kit. Almost any Double-DIN will fit. I'd start with Crutchfield. Enter your truck, and the features you want. They will list options, and the necessary install items.

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'll need a dash kit. Almost any Double-DIN will fit. I'd start with Crutchfield. Enter your truck, and the features you want. They will list options, and the necessary install items.

Being from Olathe do you remember Brandsmart? They had 3 stores the one buy you was on 87th. Damn that was a great store.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

I’ve been looking at cruthfield. But I’m unsure of the best fit cause I wanna keep a lot of the features that the factory radio has. I suppose that I need to ask @mpgrimm about it.

The Blue Mule

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'll need an idatalink maestro and a head unit that's compatible with it (most double din touch screens made in the last few years are) to control the factory stuff.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
im planning on getting a new radio for my 2500 I’d like to have a direct fit.

I’ve got the 5.0 touch. Not really want to cut anything or change bezels.

Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth are required nav is a plus
Plans are amp and full sound system will be done with the install of the new radio
Alpine makes one that fits >> but you might loose some features :banana-mario:

kirb2326

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a kenwood excelon (595 I think) in mine. Get all the idatalink maestro add ons you need it'll keep everything but factory blue tooth mic. I'm running sub amp now and thinking of amping highs.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The iDatalink Maestro should keep all your features in combination with the right deck. Depending on the unit they might be more annoying to access for changing settings, but they should all remain 100% intact. I went from my stock 8.4 VP3 to an ILX207 for Carplay so I did have to change the bezel out, but with a factory 5.0 you shouldn't have to. The hardest part of the install was pulling power, rca's, and trigger wire to the back wall for my sub amp. Since my truck didn't have the alpine I ran my little 45x4 amp for the doors via the factory wires and stuffed it under my center console for a clean compact install.