Better flowing intake for 5.7 w/Ecodiesel lower airbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
full

Above a closeup of the Hemi box.

Below a closeup of the EcoD box.

full

For some reason the EcoD box removed the small cut out in the Hemi box seen above. Everything else looks the same to me and my tape measure.

Maybe the cut out is necessary in the Hemi box due to the considerably smaller inlet tube.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
For some reason the EcoD box removed the small cut out in the Hemi box seen above. Everything else looks the same to me and my tape measure.
Maybe the cut out is necessary in the Hemi box due to the considerably smaller inlet tube.
I'm guessing the cut out area is clearance for something under the air box. The EcoDiesel filter pleats are deeper than the Hemi, so you would think more area is needed inside.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They finally got more stock and got mine to me Friday. Installed it today, the part that probably took the longest was swapping the rubber grommets and metal latches over to the new lower box and the entire process still took only abtou 20 minutes, including cleaning the sticker off the inlet.

-K

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They finally got more stock and got mine to me Friday. Installed it today, the part that probably took the longest was swapping the rubber grommets and metal latches over to the new lower box and the entire process still took only abtou 20 minutes, including cleaning the sticker off the inlet.

-K
Yeah those metal latches are a pain to get off the old base...

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those who have done it are you still pleased. Any better engine responsiveness or more noise? I’m all for it just for the better filtration and airflow but just curious ... got a few things to do to the truck soon and thought I might add this to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
My butt dyno feels nothing, no extra noise.. but the inlettube is greater so it must be getting more air as the Topicstarter reads on his tune.

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those who have done it are you still pleased. Any better engine responsiveness or more noise? I’m all for it just for the better filtration and airflow but just curious ... got a few things to do to the truck soon and thought I might add this to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. The butt dyno didn't show anything for me either. I'm guessing that it's because that the stock inlet is plenty enough for a stock motor. My motor is completely untouched, besides a Magnaflow muffler (and a catch can). I'm sure with a few bolt on mods and a tuner, it would probably make a difference.

cnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if this mod is a direct fit on the 2017 5.7L?

cnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for saving me money on the S&B ordering now.

It should be, in fact it should be a direct swap of the factory lower box and intake scoop on all 2009-2018 and 2019 Classic 1500s with the 5.7

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a direct swap, if fits perfect no modifying needed

For most. I don't know why, but I said it a few pages back... I had to trim mine a little. I think one other guy had to do the same thing.

cnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year is your truck?

For most. I don't know why, but I said it a few pages back... I had to trim mine a little. I think one other guy had to do the same thing.