Better flowing intake for 5.7 w/Ecodiesel lower airbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just took a look at my 2014 (through the grill witha flashlight) and that area seems to be blocked by a cover of some sort. I'm not sure if it's part of the active grill shutters or something else. I'm planning on having the grill off in the next couple of weeks to do some headlight work so if this hasn't been definitively answered by then I'll post on what I find.

-K
Awesome thanks! We've narrowed it down to either 2013 or 14 when they started cutting the hole there....

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Still have to find a company that will ship it to The Netherlands...

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I was looking at the pictures on AllMoparParts for both airboxes and noticed something. It looks like the Hemi airbox has a larger internal volume as there is a section that is not there on the EcoD part (see pic below). Not sure what the difference would do, if anything, but I thought I'd point it out.

Can someone who has ordered the EcoD part confirm if it actually is different? (i.e. The picture isn't outdated or otherwise inaccurate?)

Airbox-Compare.jpg

-K

MK96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That is interesting!

FLTOPCAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Simple test to verify which has the greatest volume. Take both boxes, tape over or plug the holes, then fill each with water. Pour the water from each one into a container. Mark the water level for each one and you'll know for sure!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at the pictures on AllMoparParts for both airboxes and noticed something. It looks like the Hemi airbox has a larger internal volume as there is a section that is not there on the EcoD part (see pic below). Not sure what the difference would do, if anything, but I thought I'd point it out.

Can someone who has ordered the EcoD part confirm if it actually is different? (i.e. The picture isn't outdated or otherwise inaccurate?)

Airbox-Compare.jpg

-K

My parts showed up the other day and I hope to get to it this weekend.

In the first pic Hemi395 posted that does not look to be the case. The EcoD box looks way bigger internally too.

I will take some pics if nobody beats me to it.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
full

Hemi (Left) EcoD (Right) Bottom shot above.

Below the inside of the lower air box.

full