Blind Spot Software Update - Charged $169.00 by Cocoa, FL RAM Dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herrion70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had to pay for a software update for the 5th Gen 1500 5.7 RAM? This dealership is trying to charge me for a software update for my blind spot monitoring that stopped working about 2 years ago. Also they stating I can't do this software update myself. No other issue was found with the blind spot.

Trying to get to the bottom of why a 'software update' would cost a full hour of service.

Thanks all

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
On my Gen4 truck it stopped updating itself for unknown reason, and they had to update software manually at the dealer. My software issues delt with uconnect glitches and my on board GPS quit working. They charged me for the shop time, but not the software.

On my Gen5 truck some module had become defective causing the over the air updates to stop working. The replaced the module and updated some things at no charge since there was a bad part.

OP
OP
H

Herrion70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much shop time is reasonable for this software update a full hour at $169?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
How much shop time is reasonable for this software update a full hour at $169?
A lot of shop bill by the whole hour, or by the half. Some will have a 1 hour minimum. Dealership tech are flat rate and there will be some "CYA" time included.
Now the part that will make your blood boil, chances are if it's covered under warranty the tech gets paid less than half of that.