Can anyone identify this leaking hole near the ECU please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m getting a lot of hot water dripping out of this hole near the ECU. Thought it was condensation but it seems excessive for AC condensation. It’s clear, hot, and odorless. Should there be a hose attached to this thing?

It’s in a difficult spot to take pictures of. It’s circled in red in each photo. Anyone know what this hole is for?
IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6810.jpeg

IMG_6811.jpeg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Air conditioning. It's just water if.you don't have Ac on it won't leak but it's no big deal.

Some Have Down spouts on them. Mine doesn't though.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Thought it was condensation but it seems excessive for AC condensation. It’s clear, hot, and odorless.
The amount of condensate coming out depends on the humidity in the air. My truck have left a puddle about 24" around in about the time it takes someone to exit the truck.
The concerning part is your saying the fluid is hot? Condensate would be cooler than the outside temperature.

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fast replies, thank you all.

So it actually is the AC, nice. There’s no other fluid leaks and it’s been around 80F and 50% humidity out here and the thing still drips more water than my Sequoia with dual ACs did.

The water being hot is what concerned me as well, it’s not coolant hot but it’s definitely hotter than the ambient temperature. I’ll keep an eye on it this week and see if it gets worse.