Cargo glide suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have a new 2019 Ram that we have ordered an ARE topper shell for. We will be towing a camper.

This will really give us a lot more storage space.

ARE sells this nifty cargo slide for the bed.

ARE_3784888.jpg

But it is a bit $$$$$$. I am looking to build something out of wood. . Looking for suggestions or plans or source for parts.

Thanks
Have fun!

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
look it up on you tube aim sure some one has built one, just use different words in the search . good luck hope it works out.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
It provides better access to gear in the back of the bed but it does not increase the actual amount of gear that you can carry. A less expensive approach is to build a platform that is at the height of the top of the wheel wells and then put storage bins or trays underneath it.

I have used these with my truck:
SSI SCHAEFER AF482207.AAGN1 Straight Wall Container, Polyethylene, Green, Capacity 44 lb, 48" Length x 22" Width x 7.5" Height

I made a 36" long hook from a piece of rebar to pull out the ones in the back of the bed.