catchcan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
I am looking to install a catch can. But watching guys doing installs, they are showing large amounts of oil at two days or at 3k miles. At that rate they should run the engine dry before 10k oil change. Now I always check my oil weekly and never been down. Comments?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not sure what pics you've been looking at but I get about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of oily blowby out of my HEMI powered 300C SRT8 in 3K miles. I change oil in that rig at 6K miles and have never been close to a quart down....ever. 2 inches of material in that can is less than a 1/4 cup of fluid.

Some of the material going to the catch can is water so it's not all oil going in there.

By all means keep an eye out on the oil level as you normally would but don't worry about running out of oil by adding a catch can. Remember, all that oily stuff gets sent from the crankcase into the intake to be burned. Your gonna lose that fluid in any event, with or without a catch can.