Comment About AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
Based on recommendations from many people on this site, I bought the AlfaOBD app and have used it several times. I didn't have a smartphone at the time so I installed the app on an old Samsung tablet that I had. Within the last few days my wife and I bought our first smartphones, and we planned on giving the old tablet to my wife's young niece. The problem is that AlfaOBD app is sold to be used on only one device.

I tried several ways to transfer the program to my new phone, but nothing would work. Finally I sent an email to Alexey, who responded within hours. And I know there has t= be a pretty big time difference between Tucson and wherever he is. I explained my situation to him and he talked me through installing the app on my new phone and getting it activated. I really don't think you could find any better support for an app than Alexey provides.

Other people have already said it, but I just wanted to post this to let everyone know what great support the man provides. About the only way the app could be better is if it were free, and to be honest, I think the program is worth a hell of a lot more than he charges as it is.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. Hope I posted this in the right place. I figured that the AlfaOBD thread at the top of the DIY section is so long, that nobody would ever see this if I posted it there.

Rick Johnson

Diablo2doorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Based on recommendations from many people on this site, I bought the AlfaOBD app and have used it several times. I didn't have a smartphone at the time so I installed the app on an old Samsung tablet that I had. Within the last few days my wife and I bought our first smartphones, and we planned on giving the old tablet to my wife's young niece. The problem is that AlfaOBD app is sold to be used on only one device.

I tried several ways to transfer the program to my new phone, but nothing would work. Finally I sent an email to Alexey, who responded within hours. And I know there has t= be a pretty big time difference between Tucson and wherever he is. I explained my situation to him and he talked me through installing the app on my new phone and getting it activated. I really don't think you could find any better support for an app than Alexey provides.

Other people have already said it, but I just wanted to post this to let everyone know what great support the man provides. About the only way the app could be better is if it were free, and to be honest, I think the program is worth a hell of a lot more than he charges as it is.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. Hope I posted this in the right place. I figured that the AlfaOBD thread at the top of the DIY section is so long, that nobody would ever see this if I posted it there.

Rick Johnson
Hey Rick, I just got a new phone like you did, any chance you can walk me through how to get the new app to work?

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have it on 3 phones and 1 tablet. The trick is to 1) have an android , 2) put the same google account on each device. Any device that you can put the google account (play store) on, it will go on it. In Play Store "manage apps & device", "manage" on the drop down that has "installed" on it, choose "Not installed" then select "Alpha OBD" or any other APP then there is a download icon (down arrow with a line under it) and it will reinstall.
Or while logged into the same google account on the new device that you purchased it with, re-install it.

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have it on my windows laptop, does it work with iphone/ipad ?

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
apptransfer works but if you sign in with your google it goes with your account anyway.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
From post # 1 in this thread

"AlfaOBD is only available to Android and Windows platform. There is NO iPhone support."