Condensation Leaking In Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olepainless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey guys,

The other day my son noticed water dripping on his foot while driving. I looked up underneath the gas pedal an it looked like someone had taken a spray bottle and sprayed the AC housing and pretty much everywhere you could see. It was definitely condensation and not a centrally located leak.

I went to check the cabin air filter only to find out I do not have one (or at least the style that is behind the glove box and comes out when you pop the door off - There was no door, just solid plastic molding where the door normally would be).

Any suggestions for fixing this?

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins

Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
check if there is water leaking in the cab, it could be creating a high humidity condition in the cab.
The HVAC ductwork sweating is a sign that it's colder than the dewpoint, I'm guessing he running the AC?
The air filter didn't become standard till the '16/ '17 model year. You can buy a kit to add it on Geno's Garage

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
make sure the drain hose is not plugged up. its where the condensation normally drips out to drain the HVAC housing . its in the engine compartment side of the firewall.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
I added a filter to my 2013 RAM 2500. Geno's has a kit that will work. You will have tocut the stock box open, but the lines are there to see where to cut out.

OP
OP
Olepainless

Olepainless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I will check the drain today. Found the filter conversion kit and it shipped yesterday. Ty for the replies guys.