Core 4x4 and Hellwig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
So If I am going to go Core 4x4 full set of Control arms and the trackbar what is the difference in the T3 vs. T4 and how would you select one or the other based on lift and style of driving?

Tier 3 has fixed poly bushing on one end. Adjustable Johnny Joint on the other.

Tier 4 uses Johnny Joints on both ends and is adjustable from either end.

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to chime in on this, I have the a full Core 4x4 setup on my rear end, and the back end of the truck us super solid. There's no walking while driving offroad and on washboard. There is just one road condition that I encounter that makes the rear end skip sideways just a hair...or that is my description of it...that's driving over a speed bump going around a curve, or hitting the speed bump at an angle at like 10mph. That's it.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
More info on that train horn setup please!?!?

Side note another useless pic to confirm Core 4x4 5-link set will fix your ass end kicking out.

View attachment 214225

Now get the Core 4x4 swaybar rear end links

I waited 2 years asking repeatedly for Core to make front swaybar endings. Finally gave up and dialed up SuspensionMaxx. I never thought I'd recommend $250-$300 worth of sway bar links but I'm serious when I say these products work and you're getting your money's worth.
Any aftermarket control arms on the front with the SuspensionMaxx front swaybar endings?
I have the same setup as you in the rear with a 4-inch RC lift.
Now it feels like rear is pushing the front in the curves

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does core sell a complete kit or do you have to buy all the pieces separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Rear upper & lower control arms comes as a kit
Panhard bar & end links are separate
Core doesn't make a swaybar

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Any aftermarket control arms on the front with the SuspensionMaxx front swaybar endings?
I have the same setup as you in the rear with a 4-inch RC lift.
Now it feels like rear is pushing the front in the curves

I use Maxtrac upper control arms along with the suspension Maxx front end links

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I use Maxtrac upper control arms along with the suspension Maxx front end links
Forged aluminum with uniball?
Control arm have the OEM ball angle?
Below photos the correct parts?

M198645145.jpg

SMX-1300L_1.jpg

Last edited:

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Those are the parts.
I contacted MaxTrac to see if angle was the same as OEM control arms.

Edit:
Guess I need to read a little more.....LoL

These arms are built to the factory specifications which will allow the consumer to use these arms anywhere from stock all the way up to our 7" kit and any other kit that utilizes the factory upper control arms with no issues.

https://maxtracsuspension.com/i-305...8, 5.7L, GAS||model=1500||make=RAM||year=2014
Description
Maxtrac Suspension, The leader in 2WD lift technology has delivered again with another industry first Forged Aluminum upper control arms for the 2009-17 Ram 1500 2WD & 4WD platform. These arms are made from 6082 T-6 aircraft grade forged aluminum which is substantially stronger than it's billet counterpart while keeping the weight down over other steel versions. We went with factory style rubber bushings for the frame to arm which will last a lifetime and not crack or get brittle like Polyurethane and will not get loose like Heim joints. When it comes to the ball joint, We wanted to use nothing but the best and that's why we chose FK Uniballs for our arms. To complement the Uniballs we went with 17-4 high strength stainless steel Uniball adapter that is precision CNC'd and machined to exact tolerances for a perfect fit. Our arms also come with a o-ring sealed cap to keep out all the dirt and grime that can reduce the life of any Uniball. These arms are built to the factory specifications which will allow the consumer to use these arms anywhere from stock all the way up to our 7" kit and any other kit that utilizes the factory upper control arms with no issues. The big benefit with these arms is having more droop travel over stock. this equates into better ride quality and less "topping out" while going over bumps. The arms come clear anodized to last and come with our limited lifetime warranty. Remember if it doesn't say Maxtrac on it then it doesn't have our quality in it.

Product Series

Last edited:

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I rattle canned my Hellwig because I was not a fan of that hammered speckled look. I called Hellwig directly before I installed mine because I too noticed it could be installed both ways. The tech said that center curve should be facing down or further from the rear diff cover if that makes sense.