Cv axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So im installing a rough country 3” lift with lifted struts corrected uca in front and lift shocks and spacers in rear but to add to the mess my cv axle boots are blown out anyone have any idea if it would be beneficial to add extended travel extreme articulation cv axles from trackmotive

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So im installing a rough country 3” lift with lifted struts corrected uca in front and lift shocks and spacers in rear but to add to the mess my cv axle boots are blown out anyone have any idea if it would be beneficial to add extended travel extreme articulation cv axles from trackmotive
What year is your truck?
I would advise against anything RC suspension related parts. 4th gens are not fans of sitting at 3”. IT’s recommended that once you hit the 2.5” mark to jump straight to a 4” or 6” bracket lift. The CV’s will not be your issue the ride quantity from RC not providing any sway bar accommodations and the harsh ride of a “maxed out” suspension. The poor damping And coil springs do not help the situation

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Its a 2013 and many have already voiced their disapproval of rc products i chose the 3” kit with 3” lift struts and corrected uca’s because i dont want to lift to much but want a small lift and level and as always budget is a factor all my shocks are factory stock and offer little damping due to age and the cv’s just need replaced anyway as both have blown out boots as far as the sway bar links if it would help i can replace them for others more suitable for lift

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Its a 2013 and many have already voiced their disapproval of rc products i chose the 3” kit with 3” lift struts and corrected uca’s because i dont want to lift to much but want a small lift and level and as always budget is a factor all my shocks are factory stock and offer little damping due to age and the cv’s just need replaced anyway as both have blown out boots as far as the sway bar links if it would help i can replace them for others more suitable for lift
It’s less expensive to do a lift lower than 2.5” with no need to replace the UCA’s so “budget friendly” is not an excuse. Replacing parts and redoing the entire front end later is even worse. It’s not a target on you. I’m literally the guy that has to be the bad guy when I hand someone a couple thousand dollar bill because they knew better than all the warnings. Since your CV’s are already torn there may be preexisting conditions that you are not aware of.
Here is a RC kit that was dropped off yesterday Resized_20240525_153556.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
More details its an 11 year old truck is what it is both cv’s have torn boots and driver side uca has worn out bushings and all four shocks are pretty well worn out the rc kit has all the parts i needed minus the cv’s to freshen up the suspension that and price was my main factor for choosing it many have voiced their disapproval of rc i hope my purchase will be an exception to that but we shall see

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
More details its an 11 year old truck is what it is both cv’s have torn boots and driver side uca has worn out bushings and all four shocks are pretty well worn out the rc kit has all the parts i needed minus the cv’s to freshen up the suspension that and price was my main factor for choosing it many have voiced their disapproval of rc i hope my purchase will be an exception to that but we shall see
This forum has a preferred vendor section and the go to for suspension is @Nick@GotExhaust so with a forum member’s discount and no time looking up various kits he would put together a package deal and drop ship it right to your door with everything needed to get you set up properly. The gmc I posted above came in last February 2023 I told him the only thing we can do is remove the RC suspension and put something with better geometry as he was having other issues. Yesterday I get a call from the guy that the truck is on the tow truck heading to my shop that is closed for the holiday weekend. I told him that I hate being right. Saving a dime costs dollars later and in your case I don’t believe you saved money over the tried and true Bilstein set ups that tens of thousands run on their ram’s.
like I said above rams don’t like the 3” mark it’s not even about the brand

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Bam930878 just throwing in my $0.02 about the situation, I'll give props to @Quick_Shifter for being one of the more invaluable resources on this forum especially when it comes to anything suspension related. He's among several people on this forum I know to tag when people are looking for answers to some of the more technical situations that also rely on real world experience.
Unless you decide to drive to Pennsylvania, he really doesn't have any skin in the game other than to steer you in the right direction.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Bam930878 just throwing in my $0.02 about the situation, I'll give props to @Quick_Shifter for being one of the more invaluable resources on this forum especially when it comes to anything suspension related. He's among several people on this forum I know to tag when people are looking for answers to some of the more technical situations that also rely on real world experience.
Unless you decide to drive to Pennsylvania, he really doesn't have any skin in the game other than to steer you in the right direction.
Exactly just a friend telling the truth behind the real world experience.
Thank you @crash68

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I appreciate the advice i truley do my only question i realy had was if i should go ahead and install the upgraded extended travel articulation cv’s as i already have to replace them any way or keep stock style oem seems to be prefered but they sure are proud of them $$$

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I appreciate the advice i truley do my only question i realy had was if i should go ahead and install the upgraded extended travel articulation cv’s as i already have to replace them any way or keep stock style oem seems to be prefered but they sure are proud of them $$$
If you are not going to take good advice on the lift why would you take good advice on the CV’s? Just go do what you want to do.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
IMG_5307.jpeg@chri5k LOL yeah CV’s are irrelevant

Latest posts

Forum statistics