D-150 225 slant six NO SPARK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron83d-150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
225 Slant Six
My d-150 has no spark I put in points, cap, rotor, wires, coil, ballast resister. And it fired right up and ran. Then the ballast resister started smoking and stopped working and the coil died, what would cause this to happen

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My d-150 has no spark I put in points, cap, rotor, wires, coil, ballast resister. And it fired right up and ran. Then the ballast resister started smoking and stopped working and the coil died, what would cause this to happen
Without seeing the truck or knowing any more information I would say that since the ballast resistor went
Tango Uniform it took the Ignition Control Box with it.

It's mounted to the inner fender or the firewall in most cases and has a triangle-ish shaped connector with 7 wires in it.

OP
OP
Aaron83d-150

Aaron83d-150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
225 Slant Six
I don’t know if it has it. Someone cut out all the electronic ignition and put points back in it.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
switching to points might have been someones solution to lean burn ignition. electronic ignition would be better. it does sounds like the ballast resister failed. if it failed again i would definitely be looking for a cause but if it is fine it might have just been a faulty ballast resister.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you replace the condensor along with the points?