Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick??

Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick?

• Yes, lubegard killed that tick

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • No, lubegard didn't kill tick, yet

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Lubegard made hemi tick noticeably better not 100% though

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So early results are in fellas, I'm pretty happy with them, we look like we have a viable option other then redline. And as we see some areas redline is impossible to get, you can get this and have a real decent shot at killing tick. The main take away, the science of redline's formula led us to the science of lubegard's formula, and clearly the science is solid. I still can't believe both products are carrying this success rate, but it is known fact at this point. Solid work ram forum, solid work.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Of course it is, but we aren't talking about some major decision in someone's life, just something that may help with hemi tick. What's the option, doing nothing and letting it tick?

When adding this to redline's numbers

Yes, Redline killed my tick.. 38 votes

NO, Redline was NOT successful at killing my tick... 6 votes.

It helped partially to quiet hemi tick... 16 votes

That redline poll has been up for a long time so at a minimum these products make hemi tick better at a huge %, and we are all eager to hear more solutions that make sense and carry low risks. Or turn up the radio and let that engine tick.

Six8888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m just saying I’d like to see more results before making a decision. I just started adding Lubegard to penzoil platinum. Was getting a tick just for a few seconds and only once in a while on a cold start so I’m not ready to say this is the solution. It will take some time. I don’t think if you decide to add lubegard it will hurt though.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Agreed 100%, we are just a bunch of guys trying to come up with options, that's the point, more tests needed. Whatever the results are they wont be end all be all scientific reasoning. But, if you go back ten years when I had hemi tick and told me Burla you have a 50% chance of killing your tick with the harmless oil or oil additive, what am I gonna do not try it?

Now, however this shakes out either product will be well over 50/50. As it turns out, the science behind these formulas do help these situations where clearly random group 3 oils are falling short. Clearly, it isn't fair to judge group 3 oils based on fca's design flaw, but that changes nothing for us guys trying to have some possibles answers.

The only thing that is 100% sure, if you have hemi tick and do nothing you will still have hemi tick. So a couple us had theories we put into place and wallah the rest is history. I think we need more for sure, but having two options is better then having no options.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The reason for the polls is to see the %'s, no other reason. If you think I had any idea they would be this successful you would be wrong on both accounts, lubegard or redline. I really hope that people who don't kill their ticks continue to report correctly. Even on short results I had no idea lubegards numbers would shake out like this, or even that 12 people tried it. Clearly at a minimum the results suggest we need a whole lot of people to try this and report their results.

One great thing about lubegard, it allows you to stay loyal to your favorite oil company which seams to be a thing for some guys.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I take that back, maybe running lubegard is a major decision for the nuckers, lol. I feel so spoiled buying my lubegard for a grand total of 6 dollar and 5 cents. Sorry fellas, can't one of you guys take a trip to niagra falls and load up your truck with cases of lubegard?

Do they charge private citizens to bring stuff into Canada?

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So early results are in fellas, I'm pretty happy with them, we look like we have a viable option other then redline. And as we see some areas redline is impossible to get, you can get this and have a real decent shot at killing tick. The main take away, the science of redline's formula led us to the science of lubegard's formula, and clearly the science is solid. I still can't believe both products are carrying this success rate, but it is known fact at this point. Solid work ram forum, solid work.

;)

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I take that back, maybe running lubegard is a major decision for the nuckers, lol. I feel so spoiled buying my lubegard for a grand total of 6 dollar and 5 cents. Sorry fellas, can't one of you guys take a trip to niagra falls and load up your truck with cases of lubegard?

I'm in Western Canada Mike,Texas is damn near as close as Niagra Falls,lol.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

What we need is for someone on the forum to buy a truckload of it and sell it us in western canada!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm so nutzed up over this, that even though the hemi in my 2019 is smooth and quiet at 16k miles, my plan is to rotate liqui moly one oil change and Lubegard bio tech the next.

This is in conjunction with Supertech synthetic 5w30 and I'll most likely stick with Napa gold or carquest premium filters.

5-6k mile OCIs.

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sadly I regret to inform that the last two days my tick is back with a little bit of cold start piston slap. This afternoon I took the wheels off and examined the manifolds and everything looks great no leaks. Once the engine runs for a min or two and warms up it hums like a bird.....that being said the lubegaurd additive did quite my engine when warm but has not stopped my cold start tick.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Only way to examine the manifolds is to make sure all (4)13mm outside Heat shield nuts are tight to 18-20ft-lbs of torque on each side. They fail 95 percent of the time and will cause a gasket leak for 30-60 seconds each cold start.

Last edited:

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Only way to examine the manifolds is to make sure all (4)13mm outside Heat shield nuts are tight to 18-20ft-lbs of torque. They fail 95 percent of the time and will cause a gasket leak for 30-60 seconds each cold start.
I soaked them in some water and saw no bubbles checked each bolt and they were all tight (did not torque). Also used the stethoscope and could hear the tick in the block before engine warned up.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
What oil filter do is being used, could be lifter bleed from a poor bypass valve. With the price of a filter it’s best to just change it. You have a video?

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What oil filter do is being used, could be lifter bleed from a poor bypass valve. With the price of a filter it’s best to just change it. You have a video?
Bought truck new with 8 miles. I religiously change oil every 5k with M1 5w-20 and M1 filter. Don't have a catch can maybe that is in the future. I still have 30k miles on powertrain warranty might just bring it in.

Larry Meares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7