Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick??

Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick?

• Yes, lubegard killed that tick

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • No, lubegard didn't kill tick, yet

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Lubegard made hemi tick noticeably better not 100% though

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well as we all know most oil's additive packs changed significantly when the EPA cracked down(in 2013 was it?) because of possible cat issues so that ole "I been running such and such brand of oil since you was knee high to a grasshopper" BS doesn't apply any more. Also how many people that have ran the regular gray bottle Mobil 1 all those years thought they were running a bonafide synthetic oil when it reality they were running a more refined Dino oil?

Cool!

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Pup has good moly, but I would add it anyway in the hemi.

Is the oil treatment i linked to,the Lubeguard you're referring to .I'm not sure if this is the same stuff,it's what showed up on Amazon.ca when i punched in Lubeguard,lol

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Solid Film Lubricants Machinelube. As we know lubegard is not solid film lubricant but the same lubrication as reldine and as we see it is successful at killing tick. From lubegard thread. My take, if I can kill the tick with non solid lubricant as in redline and lubegard, that is my preference.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
That’s the stuff Rick, only 10oz which is enough for the 6.4.

0w-40 is already boosted in wear prevention additives compared to their lower viscosity operating options. For example, my PUP 5w20 and 15 oz lubegard analyzed at 198ppm MolyB.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rick, the stuff you linked is the same stuff I got us from amazon.com at $20 canadian per bottle. If a guy bought say a dozen I think it comes down as I don't think there was much difference in shipping cost for 3 vs 6 when I was playing with the quantity. If you decide you like it and want more but don't do amazon I'm happy to order more for you anytime you like.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That’s the stuff Rick, only 10oz which is enough for the 6.4.

0w-40 is already boosted in wear prevention additives compared to their lower viscosity operating options. For example, my PUP 5w20 and 15 oz lubegard analyzed at 198ppm MolyB.

Thanks Tim. Cars actually fairly quiet for a 6.4,but who knows for how long,lol. It gets the **** beat out of it by my better half,not only does she race it on the week-ends,she's not exactly easy on it during the week,lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Rick, the stuff you linked is the same stuff I got us from amazon.com at $20 canadian per bottle. If a guy bought say a dozen I think it comes down as I don't think there was much difference in shipping cost for 3 vs 6 when I was playing with the quantity. If you decide you like it and want more but don't do amazon I'm happy to order more for you anytime you like.

I figured it might be the same stuff you'd hunted up Terry. I do Amazon every once inawhile ,not often mind you,lol

Gerald Sheppard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my 08 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 used with 89 k on the clock. it appeared to have be well cared for and garage kept. I have no clue as to what oil was in it when I got it or how many miles since changed, but on startup would give out about 3-4 ticks and then quiet down. I changed the oil to Amzoil 5-20, no additives and the tick has never returned. I currently has a bit over 5k on the oil change and it never ticks. This is the firt vehicle I have used Amzoil in, but certainly not the last. My 2 cents.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Okay, so, stupid question time:

I am interested in using the Lubegard Biotech. I know one of the early posts stated that you can add it at any time and that you did not need to wait for an oil change.

My concern is how much do I/can I/should I add at one time before I am overloading the capacity of the system (i.e. adding 10 pounds to a 5 pound bag) and potentially damaging my truck?

FWIW, I am running the 5.7 Hemi.

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I am interested in using the Lubegard Biotech. I know one of the early posts stated that you can add it at any time and that you did not need to wait for an oil change.

My concern is how much do I/can I/should I add at one time before I am overloading the capacity of the system (i.e. adding 10 pounds to a 5 pound bag) and potentially damaging my truck?

I dumped a whole bottle in my truck no issues so far (15oz bottle).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rob T7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys are awesome! I’ve leaned so much!!! Question, is this Lubegard the same product as say LiquiMoly Ceratec? I just purchased Liqui and am waiting to add when I change my oil next! Any all help will be greatly appreciated!!!
2012 Ram 5.7 with 97’000 on her!

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I put in 8 ounces as i didnt want to take a chance on overfilling. I thought about adding the full 15 ounces but in canada, i believe the dealer overfills oil already if they are using 7 liters of oil as per oil change invoice ( when the capacity is 6.6 liters so .4 liters extra already). I've checked since adding the lubegard and no foam in my oil so I think I'm good.

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I am associate with a fellow here in Houston who owns a company which coats engine parts for NASCAR engines as well as other race venue engines. He also is a great place to have ceramic coating to exhaust manifolds on show and classic vehicles. He is very well schooled in engine lubrication. I asked him once about M1 and got a hell of a diatribe of lubrication education, and do not use M1 partially from his perspective, but from the YJ I mentioned and other engines I've worked on that did not impress me as to the condition of internal components wear marks that had been on M1.

GM makes am oil additive which I use in Non VVT engines. Because it contains Zinc Phosphate, it can no longer be legally sold as an oil additive, so now it is sold as "assembly lube". It is slightly less thick as molasses, so it might cause flow problems with VVT systems.

As far as the "damage" to catalytic converters go, my philosophy is that if the converter fails at 200,000 miles as a result of the stuff being used, I can replace the converter for a thousand dollars or less in the majority of cases. Gee, now, let's see! A new engine, all in, is way north of 5 grand in most instances these days....For the long term owner such as myself and my customers, it's a no brainer.

I've run M1 (0W20, 5W20) in my Acura J32 engine for 17 years/ 335,000 miles. Oil change interval is ~7500 miles. To this day, I never have to add oil between oil changes....

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You guys are awesome! I’ve leaned so much!!! Question, is this Lubegard the same product as say LiquiMoly Ceratec? I just purchased Liqui and am waiting to add when I change my oil next! Any all help will be greatly appreciated!!!
2012 Ram 5.7 with 97’000 on her!

No, they aren't the same, liqui moly uses mos2 in their engine additives that call for moly, the moly in lubegard is oil soluble like the moly in redline and other oils. Plus I don't think liqui moy has any esters that I know of.