DPF Back Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jim wagner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 3500
Engine
6.7 diesel
I currently have a 2012 3500 6.7 cummings turbo back delete and love it, but buying a 2022 Ram 2500 Crew cab 8ft box 6.7 cummings. Is it worth doing the exhaust delete from the DPF filter back? It will be under warrantee for a while

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Keep everything stock until the warranty is up. Also, emissions have "Extra" warranty, so I'd go by that.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
The “extra warranty” on emissions means nothing except it is a way to get lots of people to keep from letting it fall off. If there is a work- around that gets rid of the problematic stuff, I am for it. The question that no regulatory body will ever answer is: Which is better for the environment, using lots of extra fuel now to regen, or deleting the bs and getting farther on each and every gallon of fuel?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Your going to want at least a straight pipe. You won't get much increase in sound loosing the everything from the SCR back.

Problem with the EPA's approach is they're more concerned about NOx vs CO2 which is the exact opposite of the rest of the world. CO2 doesn't break down over time and lower CO2 levels increases the fuel economy. NOx breaks down into harmlessness gasses in a day or two.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
DPF back is no delete at all and gains nothing. On the other hand a turbo back delete with a tune is a delete and will enhance the drive ability of the truck IF the right tune is installed. Bad tuning is a good way to mess a truck up. I have a fully deleted 2011 CTD and really like it, but I would be hesitant to go this route immediately with a new CTD. The owners of the new CTDs are getting much better fuel mileage and less problems in stock form than the older 4th gens.