Drag Link recall update per FCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It seems many do not know , on the recall they said actually what they were going to do .
I pulled the paperwork for the drag link recall, dated May 2019. The recall notice stated to bring my truck in for inspection and if a repair was needed, they would repair it. It didn't say how and certainly there is nothing mentioned of a weld. The work order doesn't mention a welded repair either.

Looks like RAM pulled a fast one on me. I feel a bit foolish since I'm usually on top of repairs and how they are done. I guess I got too trusting based on my other recall repairs and how well they were done. Never let your guard down, my dad always told me that, and as always, he was right.

1697707158876.png

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I pulled the paperwork for the drag link recall, dated May 2019. The recall notice stated to bring my truck in for inspection and if a repair was needed, they would repair it. It didn't say how and certainly there is nothing mentioned of a weld. The work order doesn't mention a welded repair either.

Looks like RAM pulled a fast one on me. I feel a bit foolish since I'm usually on top of repairs and how they are done. I guess I got too trusting based on my other recall repairs and how well they were done. Never let your guard down, my dad always told me that, and as always, he was right.

View attachment 530359

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this. There is a new updated drag link repair that is not welded. Should you need further assistance on this, please send our team a PM.

William
Ram Cares

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

View attachment 530359
Don't feel bad that this happened without your consent or knowledge; the same thing happened to me. Truck was at the dealer for another reason and they welded the nuts without asking me. I didn't find out about it until I picked the truck up. This was many years ago and apparently I was the first customer that this dealer had that said basically "you have GOT to be kidding me....". Back then it took awhile (2-3 months iirc) but RamCares supplied the updated drag link and the same dealer that did the welding replaced the old one with the new one. RamCares will make it right if you just reach out to them.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
If only you were aware of getting with Ram Cares ,and getting the upgrade one done for free . I agree it was insane to weld them all , as said above it was just a CYA .
I was aware but I had the link put in a couple years before a corrected OEM was even made. Now it makes no sense swapping out mine for the new OEM even if free. I did ask at my dealer though a year ago, they didn't have any of the new ones available and still just talked about welding. No matter, doesn't keep me up at night.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was aware but I had the link put in a couple years before a corrected OEM was even made. Now it makes no sense swapping out mine for the new OEM even if free. I did ask at my dealer though a year ago, they didn't have any of the new ones available and still just talked about welding. No matter, doesn't keep me up at night.

Mine never kept me up at night either. That OE drag link of mine went 9 years without a problem , and it was never going to be welded or changed until I seen this upgraded one ,and being able to get it replaced thru RamCares . If I remember as said , the first recall was to check them ,which they did . If It checked okay you were sent on your way ,the second recall was the welding of all of them, just CYA . I believe on the first recall if it checked bad ,it was replaced then . If it checked okay on the first recall you actually had a good drag link . The only issue with them was the incorrect machining of the threads of the sleeve , some had excessive slop, , and they would work loose ,and fail . The nuts were okay it was the sleeve that was in question . There were probably thousands that were welded to cover their ass .