Drop down from 6” lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Currently I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4wd at its base is a procomp 6” lift. I’m considering swapping that out to a smaller lift or even a level. What does it take to do something like this? Is it worth the trouble?
i figure id at least have to swap out my shocks as they fox coilovers and piggybacks are only for 4-6” or lift.

my ideal goal is to have a more ideal daily driver. Something I can actually park in garages, and hopefully not be so bad on fuel mileage and a little better on acceleration, as I am currently running a procharger.

Thank you in advance!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch. How much less height you'll need to put her inside the garage? Turn the coilovers down as much as they go and you should get 4" in the front. Go with a smaller spacer or springs in the back. If you have 37's you can downsize to 35's. Hopefully that gives you what you need.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
4” with 35’s here, and my daily driver ... Fits in my 7’ garage door at home, and most parking garages ... Key word there is “most”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4wd at its base is a procomp 6” lift. I’m considering swapping that out to a smaller lift or even a level. What does it take to do something like this? Is it worth the trouble?
i figure id at least have to swap out my shocks as they fox coilovers and piggybacks are only for 4-6” or lift.

my ideal goal is to have a more ideal daily driver. Something I can actually park in garages, and hopefully not be so bad on fuel mileage and a little better on acceleration, as I am currently running a procharger.

Thank you in advance!

You really can’t switch to just a level since your frame was cut, even then you would need your old oem parts to revert too such as the steering knuckles etc.

if you want to drop down to a 4” kit you can just have your coilovers adjusted in front.

To lower the rear you just need to swap in the shorter rear spacer. Your current spacer is approx 4-1/2” whereas the 4” kit uses a 3-1/4” spacer. Not sure about the rear shocks since you went with the piggybacks, you’ll need to check on the specs.

I actually have a new set of the rear brackets if you decide to go that route.

Here’s the Procomp rear brackets for comparison.

51C4682B-BF83-4715-B951-C6B02BE04FF2.jpeg

47E0F2C4-A1F1-45D2-B1BC-B36C8AFB389F.jpeg

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m at just about the same height as @BOWERSFJ and I fit in most garages...........I use the ridiculously tall antenna as my warning indicator to know when I’m getting close(only reason I haven’t snatched the dagum thing off for a much cooler looking black stubby)!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m at just about the same height as @BOWERSFJ and I fit in most garages...........I use the ridiculously tall antenna as my warning indicator to know when I’m getting close(only reason I haven’t snatched the dagum thing off for a much cooler looking black stubby)!

I do the same, but I pulled the ball off, cut it down to 2” above the cab height, and Gorilla glued the ball back on ... Didn’t affect reception at all ... Oh, and I painted it black ... If that thing moves in a parking garage, I jam on the brakes, and go back the way I came ... The bump on my wife’s forehead from hitting the dash is healing up quite nicely ...

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do the same, but I pulled the ball off, cut it down to 2” above the cab height, and Gorilla glued the ball back on ... Didn’t affect reception at all ... Oh, and I painted it black ... If that thing moves in a parking garage, I jam on the brakes, and go back the way I came ... The bump on my wife’s forehead from hitting the dash is healing up quite nicely ...

I might give that a try. It’s definitely WAY taller than the cab so I take bit of comfort knowing that even if it hits I’ve got a little room.........just in case I don’t jam on the brakes quick enough :)

ya, the boss lady hates it when we pull into any garage.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is a 6" lift with 35's and it still barley fits in my garage. I have the puck style roof antenna so that helps. It will fit in around half the parking garages in our area. I usually don't even bother trying most parking garages and find a spot on the street. We have some here that get smaller on different levels so it gets a little hairy sometimes. The antenna is definitely a nice warming system when it hits but it's a pain trying back out of a complex when people are trying to go the other way and are on your bumper.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk