Dual Beam Headlight Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Visionari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who here has a 2009-2012 and has replaced their headlights?

Looking for good LED or Projector headlights that are compatible with the connectors on the dual beam headlights.

I wanted to go OEM projectors, but I can't find the harness for these anymore that are dual beam compatible.

Anyone have a good link to a harness for the OEM Projectors that is compatible with the dual beam lights?

I know I am gonna need AlfaOBD to fix the low beams shutting off with the high beams, I'm just look for good suggestions on what is compatible with the wiring for the Dual Beam Headlights.

Picture attached of thr headlight style being discussed, as to not be confused with the newer style, quad headlights.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-004806_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-004806_Gallery.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 3

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The connection to those headlights are the same as what plugs into the Quad headlights(Quads have separate High and Low beam bulbs).
If you change to a Quad headlight, you'll want to use AlfaOBD to change the headlight type in the BCM to Quad so the Lows stay on with the High beams.
Lots of members on this forum have ran Apharex headlights on their trucks: https://alpharexusa.com/product-category/performance-lighting/ram-truck-2009-2018/
If you decide to go with the OEM projectors, you'll need this adapter: https://retroshop.us/products/4th-gen-projector-adapter-v3-1-pair

OP
OP
Visionari

Visionari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you! I wasn't sure because it says it's only for 2013-2018. Good information!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Thank you! I wasn't sure because it says it's only for 2013-2018. Good information!
You can also search Modifystreet Ram headlights on Amazon (or the web) for OEM looking projector style headlights. They're actually made by Apharex.
Probably the only reason a 4Gen ram replacement headlight would state for 13-18 only trucks is because the duals headlights, that can be changed with AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
Visionari

Visionari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a set today from alpharex! Can't wait for them to come in, and I'll be using AlfaOBD to fix the high beam issue