Ecodiesel lawsuit emissions Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
Hey guys I just got my truck fixed. They did the Emissions recall and everything seems to be ok. I havent driven my truck for about 9 months because I had a limp mode issue that they didnt fix untill i got the Emissions recall. Finally I'm back in it. When i got the truck it was at an 14mpg average and i drove about 100 miles round trip today and it jumped to 21.5mpgs. Still got some driving to do starting Monday so let's see if this new emissions fix will let me get 27mpgs again. There is a warranty we get plus cash compensation which I havent recieved but I'll post some pics of the warranty.

20190510_171825.jpg

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
Glad you got it back! After 9 months they gave up a "free courtesy wash". Well wasn't that awful generous of them......

Haha yea well they also payed for me to be in a rental the whole time. I had to look at it in a good perspective and I put a total of 40,000 miles on rental trucks while paying mine off I went through 4 oil changes and other tire problems that didnt involve my own vehicle so it kinda worked out.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Haha yea well they also payed for me to be in a rental the whole time. I had to look at it in a good perspective and I put a total of 40,000 miles on rental trucks while paying mine off I went through 4 oil changes and other tire problems that didnt involve my own vehicle so it kinda worked out.

Sounds like they took care of you. Good deal.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Do you pay up front for the fix and get reimbursed? Is that how it works?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
You probably won’t see 27mpg unless you baby the throttle I don’t think. But Here’s to hoping!
I saw 27.8 stock @ 65mph babying it. And it was consistent and easy to replicate, but who wants to run stock car tires in the slow lane like grandma! I still pull 20+ mpg with 35s!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
You pay nothing! It's a free fix with an extended warranty and a cash compensation. But this is only for a 2014-2016 ecodiesel trucks.
Do you pay up front for the fix and get reimbursed? Is that how it works?

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
You pay nothing! It's a free fix with an extended warranty and a cash compensation. But this is only for a 2014-2016 ecodiesel trucks.
Nice! Mine is a 2016

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
But you have to file a claim through the ecodiesel settlement website.

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
I saw 27.8 stock @ 65mph babying it. And it was consistent and easy to replicate, but who wants to run stock car tires in the slow lane like grandma! I still pull 20+ mpg with 35s!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I run 20" wheels which is what came with it and when I first had my truck I was cruising at 75-80 and still got 27 no less than 24 during the week. Only time I went to 22 was when I drove in the city

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
20” wheels don’t matter, it’s the skins ya put on them ;)
Your right but also getting 27mpg on a regular! driving at those speeds I had it good. Now not so much after this recall

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Your right but also getting 27mpg on a regular! driving at those speeds I had it good. Now not so much after this recall
Yeah my 17 didn’t do so hot like all the others claimed until I got rid of all that junk. Now it does better but I also get a lot of smiles per gallon so it evens out hahaha

DieselMike29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
While this is neither here nor there about the emissions fix, I suppose it does have some relevance because tire sizes are part of the overall emissions. EVERY site I have looked at online says (essentially, not word for word) that smaller diameter WHEELS are better for both mileage and, with the correct tire, ride comfort. The smaller (17" wheel used on the Rebel, specifically) and the Toyo LT285/70R17 Open Country A/T II tires are so slightly smaller overall (even though Ram advertised the Toyo tires as being 33" tires) than the stock to the Laramie standard (20" wheels with P275/60R20 tires) that no noticable difference in the speedometer has occurred. (In fact, the 20" wheels and tires were EXACTLY 33" in height, while the 17" wheels and tires are 32.7" (NOT the 33" Ram advertises.)

I did extensive research to insure that putting the Rebel wheels and tires on the Laramie would work and not cause any trouble. The Rebel suspension was tweeked so it would ride NORMALLY 1" higher than the other Rams, but nothing was done to change the tire clearance in the wheel wells!

The difference between the 20" and 17" wheels and the matching tires is that I am actually doing 64.4 MPH when my speedometer reads 65. DUH! I don't know about you, but I can't tell a difference of 0.6 MPH on MY speedometer!

Also, the extra 3" of sidewall on the tires made the ride in my 2015 Laramie w/4 corner air (YES, the air DOES make a difference) smoother and "softer" than the ride in my wife's Lexus RX350. (NOTE: the Lexus has 19" wheels and appropriate tires on it.)

One more tidbit for you to ponder -- by adding ONE inch of tire diameter, you add slightly less than one HALF inch to the ground clearance. Half of the added height goes above the hub of the wheel and half goes below -- plain and simple. For every inch of ground clearance you want to gain, you have to add TWO inches of wheel/tire diameter.

YES, wheel and tire size DOES have to do with emissions. Changing the size of the wheel/tire changes the amount of work our wonderful little Diesel engines have to do. If the weight goes down (smaller wheels), the work the engine does is less and the more fuel mileage we get. (Okay, I won't mention that my instantaneous mileage at 70 MPH is 22 MPG. Nor will even say that I get 22 MPG at 80 MPH. (If you ask, I will point out that the speed limit in SD is 85 on the I29 - so there!))

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
How long did it take to fix the emissions? Is it a wait while they do it? Or more like a drop it off and pick it up a week later type thing

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
How long did it take to fix the emissions? Is it a wait while they do it? Or more like a drop it off and pick it up a week later type thing
They did it in a day. It is a list of things they need to do so it will take a little while. But it also depends on how busy your diesel mechanic is.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I have an appointment to get it done Thursday at 8am. I hope they get it done semi quickly since I have to wait for it