Ecodiesel lawsuit emissions Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubbsy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 eco diesel
Did you call the number and ask them or are you just going off what you read?
I tried today but Sunday is the only day they are closed... I’ll try tomorrow but I do t have a good feeling about it..

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
I know but it means for roadside assistance. Believe me I tried several ways to get an answer today with negative results. I have to call again tomorrow.
I just called and got ahold of someone so I'm not sure if your calling the correct number.

Dubbsy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 eco diesel
Just got off the phone with them. Not eligible for class action payment because vehicle was first sold in Canada! What a sham. It’s still the same issue for me as anyone else yet I don’t get compensated for it?!

Barty88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco diesel
Has anyone gotten past the "We received your claim and are working on it... we'll let you know if we need anything else" stage yet? Anyone actually gotten a check (I doubt it) or at least gotten a decision in writing that says you are owed and will receive 'X' Dollars?

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Nope. Sent mine in on the 13th. Still waiting

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
I sent mine in before the 3rd. I called the other day and all I heard was no we do not have anything from you. Somewhere it got lost. I just re submitted a claim online and am hoping it works

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I sent mine in before the 3rd. I called the other day and all I heard was no we do not have anything from you. Somewhere it got lost. I just re submitted a claim online and am hoping it works
That sucks! I hope that's not the norm of things

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I just installed it and took it for a spin and def liked sport- +2, I'll have to play more with it tomorrow but I love the response and definitely loved the hp I felt rather than just torque. I would recommend ordering it def a better feel

That's where I settled on mine. Sport +2 seemed perfect. Any higher and the tires break loose and any less makes me smile less....

Barty88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco diesel
That sucks! I hope that's not the norm of things

Seems to be. I have called about every other day for over a week and nobody can help. I need to sell my truck and have people interested. I dont want to sell it until I at least have that settlement statement in writing, then I can be patient for a check, I have the AEM fixed... but I am in limbo and keeping others in limbo with absolutely no idea on when I will get any information at all. Call the number and all they see is exactly what I see when I look at my online claim status... why even have a call in center if they cannot tell you anything more than what your letter said and what the online status I can log in myself says. Talk about inefficient and ridiculously frustrating.

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
That's where I settled on mine. Sport +2 seemed perfect. Any higher and the tires break loose and any less makes me smile less....

annnnnd this is the reason I would never recommend or use pedal commander or any box tuner like it.
Never ever is just dumping more initial fuel a good way to get more performance out of a diesel.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
annnnnd this is the reason I would never recommend or use pedal commander or any box tuner like it.
Never ever is just dumping more initial fuel a good way to get more performance out of a diesel.

Thanks for your recommendation.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It's not changing the fueling, it changes the signal goin to the TPS.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
So you wouldn't recommend something that makes it run better?

DieselMike29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So you wouldn't recommend something that makes it run better?
It does NOT make it run better - it only changes the way it reacts to the movement of the pedal. Period.

And for those of us that have turbos, it does NOT change the physics of how the turbo works.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Ummm. It does make it run better. Kinda the point of it. Whatever you want to believe though. And everyone with an Eco has a turbo lol

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
It's not changing the fueling, it changes the signal goin to the TPS.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lol You should do some research my friend. Run a datalogger with the pedal commander installed. It LITTERALLY just floods fuel earlier so it makes it SEEM like there's less turbo lag when really the exhaust gases just get out faster to spin the turbo earlier.

it does NOT make your truck run better. It makes it run dirtier PERIOD.

This is how ALL box tunes work with the exception of the derringer due to it being connected via OBDII. Stealth module, Pedal Commander, Scorcher, ALL of them do the same crap.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Here's what I know. Without PC my Eco runs like a slug. It's dangerous to pull out in traffic even. With PC it runs fantastic! It's pretty damn quick even. Say what you want, think what you want. I'll keep my PC and enjoy my truck that runs much better with it installed

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Here's what I know. Without PC my Eco runs like a slug. It's dangerous to pull out in traffic even. With PC it runs fantastic! It's pretty damn quick even. Say what you want, think what you want. I'll keep my PC and enjoy my truck that runs much better with it installed

"runs better" is an opinion though. The FACT is that it's not good for your emissions, injectors, cylinder walls, or heads to over-fuel.

Just because it has more bottom end torque and speed does not mean it "runs better" It just means it has a quicker 0-60 but the means of getting that improved performance are not healthy for your vehicle.

Just look at the heavy duty truck tuning market, why do you think companies like bullydog and H&S tunes have such a bad name for their tuning? It's doing the same thing but now the HD community has started to figure that out and now uses reputable tuning.