Edge Pulsar up indates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramdriver2018

Trusted internet source
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A good amount of people regear if they have 3.21s

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Even my grandmother ditched her 3.23’s for 4.56 50 years ago.
My grandma had to change the speedo gear in her 727 tho to get her speedo back. Nowadays the sensor is reading axle speed from what I understand. Which makes sense why you need to tell these computers you changed the tire height for speedo sake.
So what the heck does telling the computer on the truck that I changed my gears do?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I dont see the need for that either UNLESS it has some effect on the shift points on the transmission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
At what point do new Pulsars ship with the updated software?

@Hemi450hp - re the Diablo - for the 2015/2016, out of warranty or close to out of warranty trucks - no need for 2nd PCM, correct? Just need the existing one unlocked? Can it be done by the user or does it have to be sent in to Diablo?

Cheyenne71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd like to know has anyone with the cord that changed their tires used this to update them? I'm guessing the gear change would also change shift points some . I hate to spend $50 for a damn cord, but I have 37's and would love to correct my speedometer along with any updates they've done.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'd like to know has anyone with the cord that changed their tires used this to update them? I'm guessing the gear change would also change shift points some . I hate to spend $50 for a damn cord, but I have 37's and would love to correct my speedometer along with any updates they've done.

My cable arrives tomorrow, will reply back after I update & test drive. Currently using Hypertech's speedo calibrator which works perfectly but would rather have the Pulsar handle that as well. One less thing I have to "remove" before dealership visits.

Just updated the Pulsar, easy process, around 5 minutes start to finish. Happy to report the speedo calibration is spot on.

Last edited:

Cheyenne71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the heads up!! I ordered the cable and on it's way. Will be nice to finally know my speed is correct haha

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
At what point do new Pulsars ship with the updated software?

@Hemi450hp - re the Diablo - for the 2015/2016, out of warranty or close to out of warranty trucks - no need for 2nd PCM, correct? Just need the existing one unlocked? Can it be done by the user or does it have to be sent in to Diablo?
Sorry, I just saw this post. If you are almost out of warranty, then you can either send your PCM to Diablo to be unlocked, or they also offer a PCM exchange program where you just send your stock one back in to them once you receive your unlocked PCM. Its actually cheaper in the long run to go with their exchange program.

NorCal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Any info on how it's updated ? Does it need to be shipped back to Edge/Diablo or is it able to be updated while on the truck.

The latest Pulsar upgrade is a huge improvement. I was about to send my original unit back and request a full refund, but after receiving the new and improved version (which DiabloSport shipped with an RMA for the old Pulsar), I'm now thoroughly satisfied with the product.

No, you don't have to ship the unit back. The adjustments for axle ratio and tire size are accomplished using a combination of the cruise control inputs and accelerator pedal. It's a little tricky at first, but very cool when you get the hang of it. When tuning the new Pulsar for 2015-2018 vehicles, "RES+" is equivalent to "Enter" on the keyboard of your computer. At the end of the process, select "Y" when you're prompted whether or not to "Program."

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The latest Pulsar upgrade is a huge improvement. I was about to send my original unit back and request a full refund, but after receiving the new and improved version (which DiabloSport shipped with an RMA for the old Pulsar), I'm now thoroughly satisfied with the product.

No, you don't have to ship the unit back. The adjustments for axle ratio and tire size are accomplished using a combination of the cruise control inputs and accelerator pedal. It's a little tricky at first, but very cool when you get the hang of it. When tuning the new Pulsar for 2015-2018 vehicles, "RES+" is equivalent to "Enter" on the keyboard of your computer. At the end of the process, select "Y" when you're prompted whether or not to "Program."
So the update is more than just speedometer correction and display changes? Anything change performance wise?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

This has me tempted to give them the $50 for the cable now that its available, but I'm equally tempted to just get a spare PCM and a Jay Greene tune. I already have the i3 and I'm running a Greene tune on my 392 Challenger with good results.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

if you don’t want to pay $50 for a cable to update, you would still need to send it in.

of course, we could just group buy a cable and mail it around to each other [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I begrudgingly ordered a cable today. they dropped the price from 46 to 34.99, ended up being right at 50 bucks shipped. I think that is insane, but here I am paying it.

my truck is getting lifted and some 35s this weekend, so I bit the bullet for an accurate speedo.

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
if you don’t want to pay $50 for a cable to update, you would still need to send it in.

of course, we could just group buy a cable and mail it around to each other [emoji23]

a group buy sounds great...

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just got the pulsar updated after work today. seems like you can only see what level you are in if you back out to the main cluster menu and switch. i’ll miss being able to see the gear selector number for what tune I was in, to be honest. hope they bring that back in a future update.

tire size adjustment works perfect. put 35s on this weekend and I have a fully correct speedo

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang, 2019 guys can already get a Pulsar, and we 6.4 guys still can't?
I feel your pain.

All 6.4 owners start emailing EDGE asking about a Pulsar for the 6.4. Maybe it will light a fire under them to get it finished!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AustinHarmon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn
Engine
Just a quick question to anyone who may have the answer. I’ve been trying to update my tire size and gear ratio, I’ve turned the key to run and held cancel down for 5 seconds and get nothing? I’ve tried it on several occasions since I received the pulsar on Monday. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

hehateme2812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a quick question to anyone who may have the answer. I’ve been trying to update my tire size and gear ratio, I’ve turned the key to run and held cancel down for 5 seconds and get nothing? I’ve tried it on several occasions since I received the pulsar on Monday. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Sounds to me, though I don't have the pulsar yet, that you may need to update it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk