Edge Pulsar up indates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so it needs to be in ignition and turned but not started for us non fancy guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Had to remove my Pulsar & disconnect the PC today for a oil change & recall visit to the Dealership. The driving experience w/out was nothing short of depressing. Couldn't get home fast enough afterwards to rectify the wrong. The PCM clips came on & off just fine for the removal of the Pulsar but when it came time to remove them from the PCM to remount the Pulsar, I couldn't get the connectors free. After quite a bit of frustration I did some reading & ran across another thread where the locking tabs at the bottom were mentioned to pop out which doesn't allow for the release lever to completely disengage the internal sliding tabs (blue & green). Long story short, using a flat head screwdriver to depress the locking tab at the top of clip will allow you to re-seat the lower tabs into position & then clip the top back in. I mention this because it's a safe bet someone reading this will run into the same thing pulling the Pulsar on & off at some point. You don't want to jack up that connector by prying or trying to force it off. Use a small pair of clippers to remove the zip tie that secures the lever assy to the wire loom, makes it easier to get those lower tabs into the corrects position.

Side-note, tried the PC w/out the Pulsar installed.... definitely a noticeable difference w/out the Pulsar.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
still can’t wait for the update. I might have to push on that original email they replied to me on, and see if they have an idea of when it will hit the market.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once the figure out custom tuning I'd probably pull the trigger just waiting.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I doubt it will ever go custom tuning, i would guess they would put out another product.

Possibly but they were the ones that claimed custom tuning was coming. I'm assuming you would need to buy some type of screen or module to go with it at that point

ForwardUntoDawn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Come on Edge, don't keep leaving us 6.4 guys hanging

The Pulsar will work on the 6.4L, if you get creative with the ECM mounting bracket...might need to rotate the pulsar/ecm a little and figure out a way to secure it to the bracket. Not officially supported yet, but it does indeed work. I'm willing to bet the mounting solution could be part of the delay. There may be some 6.4L tuning tweaks that need to be done too. But it does work in its current state. Nothing has blown up yet. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
The Pulsar will work on the 6.4L, if you get creative with the ECM mounting bracket...might need to rotate the pulsar/ecm a little and figure out a way to secure it to the bracket. Not officially supported yet, but it does indeed work. I'm willing to bet the mounting solution could be part of the delay. There may be some 6.4L tuning tweaks that need to be done too. But it does work in it's current state. Nothing has blown up yet. *shrugs*

That's very interesting, good to hear.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow. 50 bucks for an update cable. that seems a little absurd to me

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems steep to me too. I could see $25, but free would have been better seeing the original $500 price of the Pulsar.

yep. they’re going to have to justify the cable a whole lot with plenty of updates. I won’t be spending $50 to update my pulsar, especially since there’s only one update available with no roadmap/regularity for another update. who would justify a $50 cable that way? seems like they’re not packaging it with the pulsar either for new customers.

disappointing.