Eibach Pro Lift Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What spring compressor did you guys use to get the front struts assembled?
The Eibach front springs have a wire diameter of .7115" and most of the external-type spring compressors only handle up to 5/8" (.625") diameter wire.
Will a 5/8" one squeak it? It's a hair lass than a 1/10th" diameter diff. but I worry about the compression pressure and the darn thing failing and taking my head off... LoL...

I was looking at this one, but the manufacturer says it will only do 5/8"
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8785776&jsn=305

FF, do you have a pic. of the CV shaft angle with the Eibach springs at the 3.5" setting?
I did the fork lift thing to estimate the angles, but it would be nice to see what they look like with weight on the tires. You were running stock UCAs right? Ball joint angle OK? Alignment OK?

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Eibach front springs have a wire diameter of .7115" and most of the external-type spring compressors only handle up to 5/8" (.625") diameter wire.
Will a 5/8" one squeak it? It's a hair lass than a 1/10th" diameter diff. but I worry about the compression pressure and the darn thing failing and taking my head off... LoL...

FF, do you have a pic. of the CV shaft angle with the Eibach springs at the 3.5" setting?
I did the fork lift thing to estimate the angles, but it would be nice to see what they look like with weight on the tires. You were running stock UCAs right? Ball joint angle OK? Alignment OK?

I used a wall mount compressor at a family members shop to assemble mine. I still kinda want to go up one more notch to the 3.5 setting to level out my truck. With the eibach springs in the rear I have some rake.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I used a Shankly coil spring compressor for my Fox 2.0 and Fox 2.5 coil overs. I got it off Amazon for about $60. I definitely would recommend it. Felt safe using it and it even fits while I had the coilovers still on the truck. Just had to take off the tie rod.
Not for the part that’s going to make you mad, I do not know if they’ll fit the Eibach springs! But the way the Shankly is designed, I’m thinking it will.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a wall mount as well to compress. An I did have them at 3.5 then I had them at 4.25 to see how it did. Currently I am back down to the bottom rung and I added the zone 6 inch lift. Sorry for the delay

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the responses all....
I experimented with the front end of my truck using my fork lift to simulate what the truck would look like and how the front suspension geometry would change at both the 2.75" and 3.5" clip setting.
Since Nick and I talked and I decided to just use the stock UCAs for now. And, since there was a surprisingly significant change on the angle of the CV axles between the two simulated heights. And, since I didn't want to have too rough of a ride. And, I wanted to make sure the front would be able to be aligned properly. And, since I'm using just stock rims with only slightly taller/wider tires, I think I'm going to use the bottom/2.75" setting for now.
That, and there really isn't THAT much different between the 2 heights otherwise, especially with me staying stock on the wheels with only 1-2: taller tires than stock (the new tires gave me an extra 1" lift from the ground to wheel well edge).

One thing I have to ask is about how the top mount parts fit together.
I bought all the stuff to pre-assemble the front struts. I'm using a Centric upper spring mount/isolator, a YKB dust boot, Moog upper mount isolator (the rubber piece between the synthetic spring mount/dust boot and the steel upper mount) and a factory FCA steel upper strut mount.

In putting the dust boot inside the upper spring mount, it is tight as hell! That, and when it finally is in there, it's nearly a press-fit to get the both of them to go over the factory steel top strut mount stub. Is this because the parts are all brand new and they are supposed to be that way or do I have wrong parts? They DO go together, just much tighter than I expected...

Online, there's a video of a guy installing Bilsteins (he uses the used factory shock parts on the Bilsteins) and his dust boot/spring mount seem to slip fit pretty easily back onto the upper mount stub. It that because they are used and thus worn in a bit?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a wall mount as well to compress. An I did have them at 3.5 then I had them at 4.25 to see how it did. Currently I am back down to the bottom rung and I added the zone 6 inch lift. Sorry for the delay
Any pics at 3.5”? Curious about cv angles and ride quality

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys I installed my pro lift springs in the front tonight. Set it at 0 for 2.75” lift. Got it installed and according to my tape measure I only got 2” of lift not 2.75”. I had my bils set at the 2.1” notch prior and was sitting at 2” lift height. So I didn’t receive any additional lift. Anyone else experience this? Measurement floor to fender is 38.5” now and was 36.5” factory. I have the rear springs to install but not sure I want to have so much rake. Claims 1” lift but how much have other people experienced in the rear

034AFB4F-1415-45FB-99BA-ACEACDCC97D7.jpeg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
They have gained a solid 1-1.5" lift. You'll have some rake, but i would install the rears and see how your truck sits. It sucks to have to adjust the fronts again but it's not terrible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Given that it took me 3 hours to do both sides it’s not to bad. Especially being my second time but I can’t bring myself to do that again. I’ll have to live with the 2” lift. Just kinda frustrating honestly. Not sure why I only received 2” of lift with the springs. I may install the rears just to see how much I get out of those. If it’s only an inch I’ll probably leave them but I don’t want to much rake. My rear is at 39 currently and was hoping to get the full 2.75” front so I would be at 39.25 front and 40 rear

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Given that it took me 3 hours to do both sides it’s not to bad. Especially being my second time but I can’t bring myself to do that again. I’ll have to live with the 2” lift. Just kinda frustrating honestly. Not sure why I only received 2” of lift with the springs. I may install the rears just to see how much I get out of those. If it’s only an inch I’ll probably leave them but I don’t want to much rake. My rear is at 39 currently and was hoping to get the full 2.75” front so I would be at 39.25 front and 40 rear
Guess they didn't sort the springs out than. You can compress them and move the spring clip up assembled. I did it on my 6112s

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea that still requires removal from the truck. And install of these springs on the 5100s I had a fun time removing my spring compressor. It was tight between the coils trying to pull the jaws out. May ask the shop on Saturday how much it would be for them to do it since they have a wall compressor

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yea that still requires removal from the truck. And install of these springs on the 5100s I had a fun time removing my spring compressor. It was tight between the coils trying to pull the jaws out. May ask the shop on Saturday how much it would be for them to do it since they have a wall compressor
That's your best bet. Toss them up a notch and run them

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it is cheap for them to do it I will. Then I can run the rear springs too. Didn’t realize the rear springs are dual rate. Interested in how that’ll handle with load. Otherwise I’ll end up pulling it apart another time and doing it myself if it’s to much at the shop

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys I installed my pro lift springs in the front tonight. Set it at 0 for 2.75” lift. Got it installed and according to my tape measure I only got 2” of lift not 2.75”. I had my bils set at the 2.1” notch prior and was sitting at 2” lift height. So I didn’t receive any additional lift. Anyone else experience this? Measurement floor to fender is 38.5” now and was 36.5” factory

sound familiar @FF1899

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/eibach-front-struts-and-springs-problem.140281/

Z1006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if part of the problem is a newer batch of springs. I just measured mine before leaving the truck at the shop. Looked like the spring was 17 inches exactly. My springs had 04 on them but don't remember the rest of the number.

@FF1899 mentioned his were 17 5/8 inches and had 03 stamped on them.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t measure them out. I’ll have to check the batch number on them as I did not do that before install. I ordered then through got exhaust so I messaged nick back mentioning that I did not receive the full lift to try and let them sort it out first and see if anything can be done.

Z1006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also noticed the full kit is out of stock on the Eibach site. Hopefully that was due to their Black Friday sale and not because they are pulling them again.

Ecofx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have my Eibach kit set at 2.75 with Eibach spring. Mine was installed last month. Bought the kit at the beginning of October. 295/60/20 is tire size.

DRIVER SIDE
left side level kit.jpg

PASSENGER SIDE

right side level kit.jpg

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Crazy Kid,
I JUST finished mine complete Eibach Stage 1 install and got the front aligned yesterday...
The rear shocks & springs got me 1-1/8" lift over the stock...
I took tons of measurements and pics when I did mine and I planned on doing a complete write-up about it...
Stay tuned for more Roller Derby...
:Big Laugh::anitoof::buffer::boobs: