Electric Cooling Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Almost pulled Ike In 7th, thats impressive. which direction, Western slope headed east ? Either direction is full pull, I usually reach the top in top end of 4th maybe Into 5th at 85 to 90 mph (as long no one else is around, which is usually my goal.) lol, I might try Your Strategy next time, see what gear she can finish, It would be a lot easier on my ride, thats for sure. This one is a 2500 on 37s, I Just removed the clutch fan, (and of course I broke a blade ), no Shutters ~power wagon slat grill. I recently completed cam , lifter , heads, ln take, tb, Some deleted Items, so I have a few More details to see through., Including coolant heat Capacity, All the soft shroud pieces that channel air at the radiator and at a minimum use stock fan with aftermarket fan shroud,with pwm controller and then See where temp control sits.

Also another recent significant mod is completely violated FCA with a tstat mod. only stat for a 6,4 is a complicated, one ofa kind, expensive, 216F stat. with the help (final solution) of the same members on this Electric Fan thread we Conquered the 6:4 tstat beast and proto'd a 180F stat that works amazingly well as long as I'm not WOT up Ike. "_"

Just kinda unusual, right now, truck stays cool at 185F almost perfectly while moving even under some load and with no fan, almost no matter what, but she needs air handling for the hot and extreme.

And if I actually think about it, I dont know what fan I've heard, clutch, electric together or not. If heard electrical thst would be exciting, totally possible.

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

West side going east. I am a lot lighter than you, it's just a stock 1500 w/3.92's and stock size 20" tires XL-load but with the bigger laramie Longhorn wheels.

East side always seems more congested. LOL

I though about going faster but the speed limit is 55 or 60 and I always see the police on it :(

Coming down I was in a lot lower gear trying to keep the speed down :)

I don't know on the Power Wagon grille slats but on the 1500, the sport and Big Horn slats are very restrictive as far as air flow - I have hit the limit of their cooling capacity when towing.
The Honeycomb flows a lot more air and I have never reached it's limit.
I am currently running the 18 Sport Nostril grille, but haven't towed with it to see. It appears visually to be in between the slats and honeycomb as far as air flow restriction.