Exhaust tick, performance and ride upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max Steele

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hemi tick is worsening, and developing rough idle and lack of power? I'm fairly knowledgeable, but I guess didn't realize leaky exhaust could affect idle. Also had some "defective" tires that were causing a slight shimmy you could feel in the seat and occasionally steering wheel. Starts at highway speeds 55+. Dealer replaced all 4 with different brand, but I still feel it ever so slightly. Could other suspension parts be at play? Also, best diy way to clean injectors? Are there any aftermarket options for replacement headers that will cure the infamous from coming back? Lastly, what is the "tin-like" noise I hear when the trans is in a higher gear at lower speeds? Any cure for that? Sounds like a 4banger or 6 with euro exhaust.

blackjack99574

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 limited and feel like I have defective tires also. Road force balance made it worse, spin balance helped slightly but still noticeable. Had dealer replaced both broken manifolds with AFE short headers from nick @gotexhaust. Throttle response is great and much better quality thank stock. I highly recommend a set. Keep us posted if you figure out vibration. I'm hesitant to buy new tires if it won't fix the shake for sure.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the manifold issue, go with AFE shorties. They have a thick 3/8" steel flange that will not warp like the stock manifolds. They are the go to option for shorties due to their great fitment, quality, and value! Message me for a quote.

As for the shimmy, how many miles on the truck?