Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoBlueRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
What's up folks! So I'm finally upgrading to a 3500 SRW from my 2500PW. Currently I have a set of Airlift Loadlifter 5000 bags with schrader valves tapped into my bumper.

This is mainly for anyone who has been in similar situations, or have used either or both options and have real world experience.

Question: What are the pros and cons of keeping this system and simply transferring to my new truck, as opposed to getting the factory air suspension on the new truck?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
My two cents: I added bags to my 17 2500, I used Firestone red label 7500’s with a wireless air lift compressor with individual control of the bags. I liked it cause I could hook and unhook trailers quicker. Range of lift was much greater than my 3500 with factory air assist. That said, normal ride in a non factory air 3500 will probably be a bit more stiff due to spring pack. I like the factory setup in my 3500, I removed the system from the 2500 and installed it in my sons 18 2500.

OP
OP
GoBlueRAM

GoBlueRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
My two cents: I added bags to my 17 2500, I used Firestone red label 7500’s with a wireless air lift compressor with individual control of the bags. I liked it cause I could hook and unhook trailers quicker. Range of lift was much greater than my 3500 with factory air assist. That said, normal ride in a non factory air 3500 will probably be a bit more stiff due to spring pack. I like the factory setup in my 3500, I removed the system from the 2500 and installed it in my sons 18 2500.
Thanks for that info. Yeah, since the 2500s are coil, I can see why the range would be greater on versus the 3500's leaf springs.

What type of flexibility do you have with the factory system? Can you increase and decrease on the fly, or is it all automatic?

I don't know anyone with a truck who could use these. I don't see a good value in selling them as the numbers folks are asking are very low, so seems damn near a wash!

Thanks again for your insight.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
No increase or decrease on the fly with factory setup, all automatic. Choose alt trailer height to level trailer. You can lower bed approximately 1-1/2” to facilitate hooking up and unhooking(option on last screen of unconnect apps, I believe).After bed lowering, I find that I need to turn it off to go to either alt height or normal height. These need to be done when stopped usually.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 16

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
You will get air system disabled message if you try to go to alt height and I have had it give me the message if I tried to drive when bed is lowered for hookup through the apps.

OP
OP
GoBlueRAM

GoBlueRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
No increase or decrease on the fly with factory setup, all automatic. Choose alt trailer height to level trailer. You can lower bed approximately 1-1/2” to facilitate hooking up and unhooking(option on last screen of unconnect apps, I believe).After bed lowering, I find that I need to turn it off to go to either alt height or normal height. These need to be done when stopped usually.
Thanks for all of this information. Seems like it's a pretty good system for making everything easier as far as hooking up, which is a plus for now, with our travel trailer, as well as when we eventually get into a 5th wheel.

OP
OP
GoBlueRAM

GoBlueRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
OP
OP
GoBlueRAM

GoBlueRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Link not working.
I guess you can't post the link to another forum. Which sucks. The info was from 5thgenRam forum.

Here's the main information I saw.

"Its your trailer blind spot monitor. It's detecting the length of the trailer connected. The max is 40' (39.5' technically). It automatically detects the trailer length when you make turns. I've noticed some not so tight turns will cause it to think the trailer is longer than it is but not a big deal for me. It can be set to 20', 30' 40'."

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I guess you can't post the link to another forum. Which sucks. The info was from 5thgenRam forum.

Here's the main information I saw.

"Its your trailer blind spot monitor. It's detecting the length of the trailer connected. The max is 40' (39.5' technically). It automatically detects the trailer length when you make turns. I've noticed some not so tight turns will cause it to think the trailer is longer than it is but not a big deal for me. It can be set to 20', 30' 40'."
Now that makes sense now, I just need to go into settings and change length for that trailer, never thought of that cause my 5er is 39’ and change, thanks for the info BigBlue!

OP
OP
GoBlueRAM

GoBlueRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Now that makes sense now, I just need to go into settings and change length for that trailer, never thought of that cause my 5er is 39’ and change, thanks for the info BigBlue!
I hope it's the correct info! LOL. Anytime.

I ended up going with changing out my current airbags. I figured I'd save the 1700 bucks and just use the current set of airbags for the new truck when it comes in. Thanks for the insight.

Capt Derek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Diesel
What's up folks! So I'm finally upgrading to a 3500 SRW from my 2500PW. Currently I have a set of Airlift Loadlifter 5000 bags with schrader valves tapped into my bumper.

This is mainly for anyone who has been in similar situations, or have used either or both options and have real world experience.

Question: What are the pros and cons of keeping this system and simply transferring to my new truck, as opposed to getting the factory air suspension on the new truck?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Factory air so far is better, have had both, love that I never have to adjust anything unlike the aftermarket ones

Capt Derek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Diesel
Factory all the way, have had both on this and previous truck, factory don't have to do anything, it just always adjusts without having to do anything, with aftermarket always had to try to adjust it to different road conditions,