FlashLogic or Start X remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I narrowed it down to 2 remote starts.

Flash logic says it needs double programming but that just means I need to send them some basic info on the truck. And it says two wires need to be spliced. Just curious, which two?

I tried to post a link but it isn't working. It's for an '18-'20 classic. It's $149.

Start X only needs to be programmed by me with no wires spliced.

https://www.amazon.com/Start-X-Remo...eywords=startx+ram+1500&qid=1604512117&sr=8-4

So are there any other pros or cons to either? Any other things to know?

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not go OEM? You have a 2019, your RF hub is already compatible. All you would need is the new internals of a keyfob that have remote start and then Alfa OBD and a security bypass from M2 mods. You don't even need the hood latch if you just want to ground the BCM wire. Lots of info how to do it on 2017+ trucks here.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought about that. I'll need to price it out. I'll look into it. Thanks

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-remote-start-to-2017-ram.99849/

Not nearly as difficult as this thread my make it look. I have done this for two of my buddies trucks so far. By far the hardest part is getting under the dash to the BCM.

Totally understandable if you don't want to tackle this. I didn't know about Alfa at the time and ended up paying a ton of money to have the dealership add remote start to mine.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me it'll be a little over $200.
MX+ $100
Alpha app $50
Bypass harness $50
New fobs for buttons $20

I know alpha does a lot but for me I'm not sure I need it.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My question is still is there a major difference between Start X and FlashLogic? When I started this thread I was going to get the Start X but FL seemed very popular and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I'm probably not going to be going with Alpha but I haven't ruled it out totally yet.

Last edited:

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I installed the Flashlogic on my 2017 a year or so ago and love it. Press the lock button 3 times on remote and truck starts. it was all plug and play on mine.
I also got AlfaOBD just before getting the remote start. I have used it to program 3 key fobs so it paid for itself right away.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My question is still is there a major difference between Start X and FlashLogic? When I started this thread I was going to get the Start X but FL seemed very popular and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I'm probably not going to be going with Alpha but I haven't ruled it out totally yet.
I’d say go with the flashlogic. This kit comes with the adapter to do both programming stages yourself- https://www.ebay.com/itm/FlashLogic...737871&hash=item1cb1e11314:g:JIwAAOSwbs5fpAVF
You do have to tie in the two canbus wires to the trailer brake module wires, but you can also buy the proper connector and terminals to crimp onto those two wires so you can plug them into the appropriate canbus block nearby (no splice to factory wiring).
This add on module is compatible with the flashlogic so you can remote start from your phone from anywhere- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiovox-C...869242?hash=item1a8e42733a:g:1ykAAOSw55peFSHX