Fuel filter replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Zollars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had my fuel filters replaced last week in my 2016, 2500 6.7l. At 459 miles/20 gallons, it gave me the replace fuel filters warnings. Literally overnight, my fuel filter life went from 98% to 0%. It still runs like a top. I had to drive it home from the lake and had no issues. I can't believe that I've picked up so much crap in one fill that it would plug both filters. Tips? Should I just reset again and soldier on?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
You havnt the minder probly wasn't reset. I wouldn't replace it that soon again unless you know u have contamination but in this case I highly doubt you do.
Keep on truckin bud.

OP
OP
M

Michael Zollars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know it as reset. I had to do it myself because the shop did not. I'm just gonna reset again and see how it flies.......

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah might be some sort of weird glitch. U program it at all? I know my old duramax would say fuel filter change every time I flashed it for some reason.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used a Wix fuel filter before, and the percentage left was close to zero after only a few hundred miles.

Mopar or Fleetguard only for the fuel filter, the water separator you have a couple of other quality options.