Fueling issue 2021 Ram 1500, 1 month wait to diagnose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdscalise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2021 Ram 15000, with the 5.7. recently I have been having issues fueling. I see that there are other posts on this. dealer told me there are no bulletins on this for the 5.7. they say its on the 6 cylinder, with a smaller tank…..Other problem is that they cannot get me in to diagnose for a month….Does anyone know how to contact Ram directly for some support getting this corrected sooner?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can do a couple things yourself if what you are experiencing is premature shutoff or fuel backing up in the filler neck:

1. There is a small flapper valve in the neck of the fueling tube. Look down the tube to located it. Make sure it will open and close by using a large screwdriver, pushing down to open it then release it to make sure it closes.

2. When fueling make sure the nozzle is fully inserted into the tube in order to open that small valve in the tube.

As far as the appointment issue maybe @RamCares can help but if the dealer is backed up, they are backed up and it may be hard to change that situation.

OP
OP
S

Sdscalise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you I will try that. I was able to call Ram, and they contacted another dealer that is getting me in next Wednesday.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just be aware there was a TSB on the filler neck and tank, allot of it was to do with the nozzle style in the west coast states, don't know if it was corrected on the 21's.

planman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I have a 2021 Ram 15000, with the 5.7. recently I have been having issues fueling. I see that there are other posts on this. dealer told me there are no bulletins on this for the 5.7. they say its on the 6 cylinder, with a smaller tank…..Other problem is that they cannot get me in to diagnose for a month….Does anyone know how to contact Ram directly for some support getting this corrected sooner?
They are full of crap, my 21 Rebel 5.7 Hemi 33 gallon tank is in the shop a 3rd time, (4) other trucks in there for the same crap.

zrock

Reaction score
if your Truck is under warranty that trumps all other work in the shop. They should be bumping you in.. At least that is the way the manufacturer i work for is.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
They are full of crap, my 21 Rebel 5.7 Hemi 33 gallon tank is in the shop a 3rd time, (4) other trucks in there for the same crap.
Hey there,

If you'd like some additional assistance with this, please reach out to us via direct message. We'd be happy to connect you with a case manager who can provide technical assistance to your dealership.

Callie
Ram Cares

Jonkus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same issue with my 2020 with the 5.7 and a 33 gallon tank . After several months of only pumping 10 gallons of gas and taking 10 minutes to pump ,and using several different gas stations had to take it to the dealer.After paying 1,141.28 for a new tank and a vent fuel vapor it seem to correct the problem! After a lot of investigating and finding this is a common problem with many different years or the Ram gas tanks that there isn’t a recall or some kind of warranty with this issue,it obviously a design flaw and I believe Dodge should be responsible for this problem!