Full Stereo Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally took some pictures of the equipment for you guys.. I don't feel like my front stage is quite loud enough so I have ordered replacement speaker amps and going to go with a different midrange if I can find one that can fit in stock location without modification.

Current equipment list:

• Focal ES 165 K2 Front Stage (Woofer + Tweeter)
  • DD EX2.75 Midrange (replacing)
  • DD M1d Sub Amplifier
  • DD d4.90 speaker amplifiers. Replacing these; have two DD SS4b's on order.
  • Mosconi 6to8v8 Processor
  • Maestro DSR1 (Factory amplifier replacement)
  • 4 x DD 506 6.5" Subwoofers
  • XSPower XP750 Supplemental AGM Battery

Amp Layout:

IMG_0035.JPG

Battery + Wiring Distribution/Fusing:

IMG_0036.JPG

Underneath the driver's seat where I have the Maestro DSR1 and Mosconi DSP.

IMG_0037.JPG

Sub Box from both drivers and passengers side perspectives:

I didn't take a picture with the seat down but even with the seats in their back positions the subs are about ~2" inside of the seat, nothing sticks out.

(Still have a grill being built and designed as once piece to cover the subs)

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

I don't have any speakers pictured because they are in factory locations and look factory; no modifications there at all.

Ziezee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great! Do you have the Maestro running in Universal mode? I went to flash my second unit today (they decided the first was bad) and they've yanked the 2019 custom options it looks like. I know I was having tons of problems with it.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it is not running in Universal. There's issues for sure that need to be worked out but they'll likely get it resolved asap; they've sold quite a few units for this truck already and there is pretty high demand.

Ziezee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sure hope they fix the bugs soon...

Where did you route the 12 volt line through the firewall? Care to share a pic?

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great. Did you have to fiberglass the sub box with the humps under the back seat?? How do the subs sound?

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it is not running in Universal. There's issues for sure that need to be worked out but they'll likely get it resolved asap; they've sold quite a few units for this truck already and there is pretty high demand.

Any update to the DSR1? Have any issues been resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update to the DSR1? Have any issues been resolved?

Nope, nothing has been resolved. If your an iPhone user, I'd 100% stay away for now. It apparently works okay with Android Auto.

BLIS, FWC, Front/Rear sensors are still basically useless if you have any music playing at all.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. Did you have to fiberglass the sub box with the humps under the back seat?? How do the subs sound?

Nope wood was able to cut it, just a lot of measurements and tight cuts to make it work. Subs sound great.

Ziezee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No progress on my DSR1 either. I get sound for 3 seconds, then nothing. At least engineers from both Maestro and Rockford are working together on the issue now. My truck is all wired up with new speaker wire and wire for the amps. As soon as I finish making the speaker mounts, it's all gonna be held up by the DSR1... I'm keeping the factory gear intact until I know it's working. Or until I decide to bail on the DSR1.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, nothing has been resolved. If your an iPhone user, I'd 100% stay away for now. It apparently works okay with Android Auto.

BLIS, FWC, Front/Rear sensors are still basically useless if you have any music playing at all.

Well then that puts me in a predicament, I am an IPhone user.

I have the “lowly” Bighorn, all those sensors annoy me, and did not want leather. So hope something gets straight. That DSR1 is species great for the price, if it works lol

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No progress on my DSR1 either. I get sound for 3 seconds, then nothing. At least engineers from both Maestro and Rockford are working together on the issue now. My truck is all wired up with new speaker wire and wire for the amps. As soon as I finish making the speaker mounts, it's all gonna be held up by the DSR1... I'm keeping the factory gear intact until I know it's working. Or until I decide to bail on the DSR1.

I have seen yours on 12voltdata, I’m lurking on that thread as well.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen yours on 12voltdata, I’m lurking on that thread as well.

Yeah, not sure why they're ignoring that thread. They seemed to respond to everyone other than me, heh.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, not sure why they're ignoring that thread. They seemed to respond to everyone other than me, heh.

Do we have any other alternative? I was really hoping the Rockford unit would be the ticket. I am all Mac now and the only PC I have is for tuning my Harleys, and struggles. Don’t want to add a PC expense just for my DSP.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can easilyt
Do we have any other alternative? I was really hoping the Rockford unit would be the ticket. I am all Mac now and the only PC I have is for tuning my Harleys, and struggles. Don’t want to add a PC expense just for my DSP.

You can easily boot Windows on your Mac or even run it in a free Virtual Machine (like virtualbox). But no, there's no other direct integration option at this time.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can easilyt

You can easily boot Windows on your Mac or even run it in a free Virtual Machine (like virtualbox). But no, there's no other direct integration option at this time.

Yeah I know I can boot camp, it looked like a simple approach.

A couple ???

How do you like the tweets in the headliner?

How do the 4 6.5s sound compared to the SL7s? I was planning on two SL7 10 or 12, which ever I could fit. If the 6.5 are adequate I will look at that route.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you guys run an independent source for the time being? It could be months before something comes out. DSR1 and AP4 will be the only (realistic) options. If the DSR1 isn't working, I doubt the AP4 is yet - and I have confirmed the BCI does not work either... so really doubtful on AP4.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet this thing beats the doors off that truck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ziezee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My rig is sitting with new speaker wire hanging free in the door, waiting for replacement speakers. An amp in the back ready to go to work. But I'm keeping my factory amp in place until it's working with either the PAC or the DSR1. Will be an easy final step when it is ready... swap factory amp, replace factory speakers, and plug in the RCAs. I hope that day isn't too far off....

I'd replace the factory speakers now but I'm guessing ohm difference and crossover points just wouldn't be matched well enough for this little amp. Those of you with the Alpine systems prob would have better luck. I'm rock bottom on the stereo build...

I don't want to run an independent or run the DSR1 in Universal. Navigation, Satellite radio, System messages, Car Play, etc... all too important to me. Sucks though I have so much money sitting in there doing nothing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963