Hemi being discontinuted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The big problem I see EV in general is you can't plug any charger into any vehicle and charge up and drive away. Tesla only charges Tesla, Hyundai only charges Hyundai, VW only charges VW, etc etc.. Until they come with a standard I can pull into any station anywhere and charge up, I'm sticking with at least a gas/hybrid setup. I know there are companies developing setups with multiple charging cords at their locations, but what happens when you've got 10 people in line in front of you? Tesla may take X hrs to charge, Ford with extended battery takes XX hours and Rivian takes *** hours.

Ramble mode off, I'll shut up now
You'll do it and you will love it.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
No, no - Ford Triton V10 was (is?) just as bad. Can't stand V10 or I4 drone. V10's sound like angry mosquitoes. I4's sound like a buzzer.

P.S. - to other posters - please leave politics out of this.
I forgot about fords triton 10, never had occasion to own one of those. Anything triton is poison to me, I hate that engine series.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I forgot about fords triton 10, never had occasion to own one of those. Anything triton is poison to me, I hate that engine series.

They were very durable. We used em in our industrial gensets. Only trouble was V10 breather icing up in cold weather. We had to add a heater to it.

Chap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Powerwagon
Engine
hemi 6.4
So we are letting the Government decide what we can drive in the future?? BS. I will never own a truck without a v8. Especially a Hemi V8. I will either keep my 2018 Powerwagon, or buy a brand new one before the 6.4 goes away, and keep it for the rest of my life. Don't want my truck to sound like a rice burner.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
So we are letting the Government decide what we can drive in the future?? BS. I will never own a truck without a v8. Especially a Hemi V8. I will either keep my 2018 Powerwagon, or buy a brand new one before the 6.4 goes away, and keep it for the rest of my life. Don't want my truck to sound like a rice burner.
I don't even want electric but I would rather hear no noise than the fart sounds of a 4 or 6 cylinder noise coming out of my exhaust!

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Electricity shouldn’t be an issue with solar & wind & of course a good grid which Texas doesn’t have apparently. And NO, spinning wind mills don’t produce cancer. You should be asking about clean air vanishing for your grandchildren instead & what’s going to happen when eventually fossil fuels become scarce. Stop thinking days or weeks ahead but rather years & decades in the future. LA smog disappeared when people stayed home. Expand that thought for the whole country with the advent of electric

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Electricity shouldn’t be an issue with solar & wind & of course a good grid which Texas doesn’t have apparently. And NO, spinning wind mills don’t produce cancer. You should be asking about clean air vanishing for your grandchildren instead & what’s going to happen when eventually fossil fuels become scarce. Stop thinking days or weeks ahead but rather years & decades in the future. LA smog disappeared when people stayed home. Expand that thought for the whole country with the advent of electric

The U.S. has been reducing our atmospheric pollutants for decades. It'll be decades before the U.S. is capable of moving to electric everything. Decades. We can't even get high speed internet to rural areas. The power demands required for farming and industrial work in rural areas will take the better part of the next 50 years to build out.

Stop thinking narrow mindedly.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
ah yes, switching everything to electricity..which will be for many years to come, mostly produced from fossil fuels. we saw the folly of rushing thru stuff like this last february in Texas which has the most wind generated power and most likely more solar than most states. wind turbines iced up and stopped turning and snow covered millions of solar panels reducing their output. we should have been fine because we have lots of nat gas and coal powered generation but guess what, ERCOT put too much faith in the green stuff and the old school generation was not well maintained and was unable to make up the difference.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
ah yes, switching everything to electricity..which will be for many years to come, mostly produced from fossil fuels. we saw the folly of rushing thru stuff like this last february in Texas which has the most wind generated power and most likely more solar than most states. wind turbines iced up and stopped turning and snow covered millions of solar panels reducing their output. we should have been fine because we have lots of nat gas and coal powered generation but guess what, ERCOT put too much faith in the green stuff and the old school generation was not well maintained and was unable to make up the difference.

Fun fact: Fossil fuel sources were also impacted, mostly natural gas, and for the same reasons:

That's kind of what happens when you don't winterize your equipment because you think it'll never get cold enough to need it...then it gets cold enough to need it.

Wind works fine in arctic and near artic conditions when it's built for the climate. TX doesn't use enough solar for it to matter, about 2%.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
we were without power for 45 hours. pool equipment froze solid and greenhouse full of plants went cold. luckily we have commercial size gas cook top and a good fireplace in the house. the lowest it got in the house was upper 40's but stayed warm enough in the main living area so we hung out there. we have 5500w generator but after using all the gasoline we would be shut down because area fuel stops had no power, so didnt run it. am in fact converting it to run on nat. gas just in case we have a similar disaster again someday.

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
Natural gas can stop also for many reasons. A large propane tank/generator might be the most reliable.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Texas actually has the most stable grid in the US. It is interconnected to the rest of the country through converter stations which allows power to flow both ways. Texas has the ability to isolate themselves from the rest of the country if they ever need to. The weather event of last year was a freak event that has never happened before. I’m betting that they are pouring money into converting everything to cold weather operations.
i would say our hydro power up here in manitoba is very stable considering the temps we get here in the winter .as for oil reserves we have enough reserves to fuel this country for at least 100 years if not more hemi power is the way woo. oh forgot to mention we produce so much hydro we export to many of the northern states and we still dump some of it and its all water powered no gas no coal .