Herculiner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rjax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know someone that used it once and it flaked off a few months later. Could have been that he didn't prep it right or that it was just an inferior product. I've heard of people RhinoLiner'ing their bumpers and if it costs a few hundred to do the entire bed, I can't imagine a bumper would cost more, so seems like Line-X has an ego where you live.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used it in my first '01 back in 2003. Summer of 2004, most of it was flaking/peeling off, and I'd only had a couple of small items that were secured that would not have caused damage to the liner. All the prep work was done properly, it was applied properly, but it just sucked...

RHeller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
used it many years ago. Did not go well. I would not recommend it and I was an industrial painter at the time.

OP
OP
Rjax

Rjax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well, 3 negative responses is good enough for me! haha thanks guys

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$600 just for the bumpers is nuts, my friend got the bed of his 2500 and his toolbox line-x'd for less than $800

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$600 just for the bumpers is nuts, my friend got the bed of his 2500 and his toolbox line-x'd for less than $800

Herculiner is the generic DIY stuff you buy at the hardware store. If I remember correctly, a 1 gallon can runs about $35~45 and takes about 1.8 gallons to do a standard bed with enough coats to cover it properly.

The amount of time it takes to do the prep and then apply on the other hand... :buffer:

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
$600 just for the bumpers is nuts

Well, not really. They probably are going to remove the bumpers, clean them, and then encaplsulate the entire bumper with LINE-X, and then reinstall them. $300 per bumper is not unreasonable. I wonder if that's for standard black or black Premium?

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yep, most of the reviews that I've read on Herculiner were basically the same. Looked ok at first but them peeled off. Some of the other DIY products may be better. I know Duplicolor and Rustoleum both make DIY bedliner products. I've used the Duplicolor products on small pieces (tow hooks and skid plates) with good results.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Use Monstaliner, trust me. herucliner is like paint with rubber chips, no good. I've used Linex 3 times, Monsta, herc, and a couple others. LineX is the best, Monsta is great stuff for DYI. The difference is iMonsta has an activator., creates a surface very much like Linex.

With Monsta you get the texture with the brush, not the rubber chunks. This creates a thick surface that doesn't have the rubber chunk underneath. BTW, the offer rubber as a addon, don't buy it you only need Monsta.

OP
OP
Rjax

Rjax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use Monstaliner, trust me. herucliner is like paint with rubber chips, no good. I've used Linex 3 times, Monsta, herc, and a couple others. LineX is the best, Monsta is great stuff for DYI. The difference is iMonsta has an activator., creates a surface very much like Linex.

With Monsta you get the texture with the brush, not the rubber chunks. This creates a thick surface that doesn't have the rubber chunk underneath. BTW, the offer rubber as a addon, don't buy it you only need Monsta.

Thanks, I've never even heard of Monstaliner, but after checkin out the website and reading reviews on it it looks pretty legit. I like the texture it has, very similar to Line-X. :favorites13:

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Hmmm, I don't think Monsta looks anything like LINE-X. Not sure what you guys are looking at.

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Don't do it man. Herc sucks. Over the years I've used most of the stuff out there. The best diy roll in stuff I have found is Monstaliner from Magnet Paints. That's what I currently have in the tub of my Jeep and it has held up great! Went LineX on the ram this time around and I love it. But for diy stuff I'd definitely go Monstaliner over just about anything else on the market.

Edit

In this picture you can see where the Herculiner was thinning and flaking off the bed of my old Ram. And yes I prepped the hell out of it before applying. The issue with Herc and the Duplicolor stuff is the chunks of rubber in them will separate over time and peel away showing the paint underneath. It also fades

IMG_0384_zpsf3ff779a.jpg

And this is the Monstaliner in my YJS tub after I stripped out the old Duplicolor Bedliner I had in it.

29767454.jpg

Last edited: